Monday, Monday (Jan 30th), What's cookin'?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They have just started appearing in my area.

What, do you feel, makes them special or unique?

They do burgers. There aren't 900 things on the menu, you can get burgers.

They do a pretty decent one at that.

They are about as close to a burger joint as I would open if I was opening one.

They have just started appearing in my area.

What, do you feel, makes them special or unique?

Fresh burgers and fries. You order, they throw it on the grill or in the fryer. They cook right in front of you. They hire nice kids and the place is fun, even for a couple of aging rockers...and peanut shells on the floor.:pig:

They do burgers. There aren't 900 things on the menu, you can get burgers.

They do a pretty decent one at that.

They are about as close to a burger joint as I would open if I was opening one.

+1

And they have great fries!!!!!

Oh.. I made roast chicken, stuffing, and mixed veg for dinner.

i had spinach (raw) with white beans, purple onion and hard boiled egg, sliced. used my own oriental dressing. i am full. oh yeah, had a few whole wheat crackers. ten pounds my friends , ten pounds

i had spinach (raw) with white beans, purple onion and hard boiled egg, sliced. used my own oriental dressing. i am full. oh yeah, had a few whole wheat crackers. ten pounds my friends , ten pounds

Yea!!!!! Great job, Babe!:w00t2::clap:

babetoo said:

Good for you, Babe! Yay!!!

Wow Babe, you are an inspiration. You go Girl! :)

I am finally feeling better and able to both cook and eat! :clap:
For lunch I made Italian Sausage Soup. It was really awesome and easy. I didn't go by their simmer times because I like my veggies tender crisp so just went by that. DH agreed so this will become part of our menu plan!

For dinner I am doing shrimp and mushroom egg foo yung and honey garlic riblets. I will probably do some steamed rice with it as well.

Well, I did it! I made the soup and the egg foo yung - didn't get the rice and riblets done, but the foo yung was very filling!

I also did 20 laps (300 meters) of water walking at the YMCA pool and visited Dad. Most I have accomplished in one day in a very long time! :cool:

Last edited:
dw made a london broil, nuked spuds, and a can o' corn.

she asked me how to actually broil the london broil instead of grilling or pan fry/roasting it, so i remembered my mom's advice from the first time that i made one many years ago. without even seeing the hunk o' beef, i repeated mom's words, "8 minutes a side in the middle slot of the broiler. just one flip, and don't mess around with it."

it came out perfect. i still don't know how my mom gets everything just right everytime, even years after the fact. :huh:

Fantastic!

Keep up the good work!

Congratulations babe!

Back
Top Bottom