Monday, Monday (Jan 30th), What's cookin'?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
Ugh, I'm still trying to wake up but I DO have a plan for dinner. It may change, but at the moment I'm thinking homemade pizza. I have time today to make the dough and I have all the fixings so that likely what will be on our table. Since I have the time I may use Frank's recipe and actually freeze some dough so I can make things faster the next time.

This eating out of the freezer is harder than I thought.
I now realize that some of my dinners, maybe most of them, were based on what I felt like cooking that day. Even though a lot of my dinners started out in a frozen state, for some reason it seems harder to find something to eat in the freezer now than it used to. I am needing my grocery store impulse buying dinners back!

Lunch will be leftover scampi. Dinner... ???

I picked up a nice rockfish filet so that seasoned with Old Bay and spanish rice. I have asparagus for a veggie.

This eating out of the freezer is harder than I thought.
I now realize that some of my dinners, maybe most of them, were based on what I felt like cooking that day. Even though a lot of my dinners started out in a frozen state, for some reason it seems harder to find something to eat in the freezer now than it used to. I am needing my grocery store impulse buying dinners back!

Lunch will be leftover scampi. Dinner... ???

What's left in the freezer to choose from?

image-580769639.jpg

I grilled some chicken and peppers and onions. This will go on grinder rolls with sliced cheddar and in the oven for chicken style cheesesteaks.

I am finally feeling better and able to both cook and eat! :clap:
For lunch I made Italian Sausage Soup. It was really awesome and easy. I didn't go by their simmer times because I like my veggies tender crisp so just went by that. DH agreed so this will become part of our menu plan!

For dinner I am doing shrimp and mushroom egg fu yong and honey garlic riblets. I will probably do some steamed rice with it as well.

... for some reason it seems harder to find something to eat in the freezer now than it used to. I am needing my grocery store impulse buying dinners back!
Maybe devote a couple of days a week for freezer foraging and others for spontaneous shopping! :) Maybe even an every other day thing!

Mahi Mahi with a garlic/ herb sauce, corn on the cobb, and hushpuppies. Maybe brown rice in place of the hushpuppies for me.

Leftovers! I ate at Olive Garden for a late lunch with my sister after she did my hair. The soup, salad and breadsticks filled me up! DH is teaching tonight and I have choral society rehearsal so I'll just nuke something before I leave and he'll nuke something when he gets home.

Very nice pics, DebLynn and Rocklobster!

Leftover tuna steaks and veggies.

Shrek said, "How about 5 Guys...?" I was out the door before him. Cheese Burger and Fries with Rootbeer.

PrincessFiona60 said:
Shrek said, "How about 5 Guys...?" I was out the door before him. Cheese Burger and Fries with Rootbeer.

What are you gonna do with the other 4 guys?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom