Monday Monday, So Good To Me: 4/14/14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We had dinner salads tonight. Yes there is lettuce (mostly romaine, with a bit of iceberg for crunch) under all the veggies and proteins. I made cheese garlic bread as a side. Yup, the ends are burnt. I looked in the oven and everything was white, and then a minute later it wasn't!

CG, those salads look fabulous! :yum: Great pics!

Personally, I love the little burnt ends on garlic bread. :)

We had dinner salads tonight. Yes there is lettuce (mostly romaine, with a bit of iceberg for crunch) under all the veggies and proteins. I made cheese garlic bread as a side. Yup, the ends are burnt. I looked in the oven and everything was white, and then a minute later it wasn't!

Wow :shock:
Those salads are bigger than the ones I make! :LOL:

I have two balsamics in my pantry, the regular one and a white balsamic. The white is a little smoother, and it's my go-to when I want the flavor but not the color. I get mine at Trader Joe's but I've seen it elsewhere...for more money, of course. ;)
Yeah, we talked about white balsamic at supper.

I'm not sure balsamic is worth the effort for vinaigrette flavour wise. It seemed to emulsify better. I usually use cider vinegar for vinaigrette and sometimes wine vinegar.

Wow :shock:
Those salads are bigger than the ones I make! :LOL:
I do something bigger (and, therefore, better) than YOU do? :ohmy: Thanks for the sideways compliment. ;)

Keep in mind we tend to eat only twice a day. We each eat breakfast when we get up, then I make the one meal for us later at night. Since we're nightowls our "supper" tends to be no earlier than 8:00 PM-ish. We're doomed if we ever think of wanting an "early bird special". :huh:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom