Monday mystery supper 2014 August 18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

taxlady

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Is there really no supper thread yet?

We had striploin steaks from the Highland beef we shared with CWS. I served it with Bearnaise (well, sort of Bearnaise, I forgot to add herbs), boiled potatoes, and a salad.

What's your supper?

Just me tonight. I cooked up a bunch of marginally hot home grown peppers and some sliced onion and fried them up with eggs from the Mpls farmer's market. Enough left for tomorrow.

Last edited:
Italian-American specialty - spaghetti with meatballs and sausages in a tomato sauce.

Last edited:
Well, nothing to write home about tonight.

Fish Sticks (from Trader Joe's)..not bad at all, Tater Tots because Steve loves them, and a nice green salad for each of us. At least I put together some nice tartar sauce.

I had two meetings tonight - for one, I had to bring food. Wasn't feeling very well during the afternoon, but took a nap and managed to make some roasted red pepper hummus and toasted pita chips. Also sliced up some cucumbers and celery sticks. DH was on his own.

We ate kind of late tonight, mostly because I had a couple of errands to run and futzed around too long before starting dinner. I roasted a chicken, and we had mash and gravy, and fresh creamed corn.

Is there really no supper thread yet?

We had striploin steaks from the Highland beef we shared with CWS. I served it with Bearnaise (well, sort of Bearnaise, I forgot to add herbs), boiled potatoes, and a salad.

What's your supper?
What did you think of it? I tried some "trimmings" (some chunks tossed in a pan--I was hungry). It is the kind of beef you can eat raw, IMO, or very blue. I love it!

What did you think of it? I tried some "trimmings" (some chunks tossed in a pan--I was hungry). It is the kind of beef you can eat raw, IMO, or very blue. I love it!
It was delicious, but a little tough. Another time I will marinate it or do that salt thing.

Back
Top Bottom