Monday, October 30th dinner plans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
crewsk said:
I've got great northern beans in the crock pot with garlic, onion, & a really meaty ham bone, with them we'll have cornbread, & an assortment of homemade pickles & chow chow.

Yum I would love the recipe to all of the above! We are having haddock, ff, boston baked beans and ice cream sammies.

For Alix and other canadians and brits, it is Monday 30/10/06 :) I made something off the hip tonight. We were suppose to go out to dinner, but plans changed, so I baked some chicken breasts, let them cool, sliced them up thin and slowly cooked that in gravy (sauteed onions and mushrooms in the gravy), and then mashed potatoes, and just throw the whole slopply mess together and ate it :ohmy: Quite good actually :chef:

We had pasties, green salad,roasted brussels sprouts and peach cobbler for dessert with ice cream.Cade who has been off track from school and spending a few days with us had a chicken burrito and some of the leftover rice from yesterday.

kadesma:)

Last night I had a taste for some semi-commercial comfort food - lol!!!

Made "Sloppy Joes" using ground turkey, a McCormack's seasoning packet, tomato sauce, & a few additions from the spice cabinet. Served them on toasted 7-grain whole wheat burger rolls topped with cole slaw. Really hit the spot.

Ishbel said:
Hey Charlie: Is that a Freudian slip talking about BAWLS (ie 'shouts') when your MiL is in town?!!!:LOL:

No, it's my bad English. I am a terrible when it comes to spelling. And then spell check doesn't work a lot of times because it can't figure out what I am saying. So was it supposed to be bolls? Se to me it is just doesn't make any sense. It took me years to realize that there is difference between b*tch and beach. So I was always wondering why did they call the movie B*tches, and why my wife would hang up on me when she would call and ask me what I was doing (while in Miami Beach) and I would answer I am laying on the B*tch. :blush:

Back
Top Bottom