Monday, Sep 19 - What's On The Menu?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
pacanis said:
Bummer Dawg. You've gotta leave work early or something during the week :LOL:

This was my dinner, along with some grilled corn.

Oh, slurp, munch, soggy drool rag. Dang, that looks good Pac! I panfried a little tuna steak yesterday for lunch, it was fab, but yours is so purty! And the veg!

Yeah, would love to leave work early! Sigh, someday.

Thanks Dawg.
Unfortunately, I ate it all... I had wanted to do a little Greek pasta tuna salad tomorrow :(
Next time.

Tonight's dinner: A small chicken smoked with cherry wood. Also rice pilaf and a veggie. Roasted at an average of 250º F for about 2.25 hours. Juicy and delicious.

Attachments

• DSC02157.jpg
    DSC02157.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 174
Tonight's dinner: A small chicken smoked with cherry wood. Also rice pilaf and a veggie. Roasted at an average of 250º F for about 2.25 hours. Juicy and delicious.

Oh man, Andy. Meat and fish that has been smoked using cherry wood is my absolute favorite. I can only bet that it turned out well.

Yum!

Cherry wood smoked flounder is really, really good.

Andy M. said:

What gorgeous color, Andy. Rub?

Katie H said:
We had fresh steamed green beans, chicken cacciatore with a rich tomato-mushroom sauce, browned herbed polenta, iced tea and pineapple-coconut bundt cake for dessert.

Your dinner sounds great, Katie!

My green beans are about done now. They didn't do as well as last year, when I had to pick them every five minutes!

Last edited:
braised pork roast w/ carrots, spuds, cabbage. pot juices made a great gravy. And there was much rejoicing!

Robo410 said:
braised pork roast w/ carrots, spuds, cabbage. pot juices made a great gravy. And there was much rejoicing!

Mmmmm. I'll bet!

Thank you all. This is the first time I was able to control the temps and smoke the way it's supposed to work.

For us it was Turkey goulash over brown rice, fresh veggie medley.

I browned some sage breakfast sausage with celery, onions, frozen corn, frozen green beans, kidney beans, butter beans (both drained and rinsed) and a little black pepper.

It's our last week in this house and that's probably the last meal I'll cook for a week or more. Hubby is heading to Grand Rapids to stay with family and look for a job. I'm staying up here to continue working until he has a job. I'll be living with a friend for a month and then not sure from there. Will depend on if hubby has found a job. Not sure how much cooking I'll be doing for a while. :( Hopefully I'll get to do some cooking for the temp roomies and some with dad.

Back
Top Bottom