Monday Sept. 22 ~ menu

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We had a French omelette with scallions and Emmental cheese. Served it with whole grain toast and bacon. Yes, CWS, that bacon we shared. Yes, it is really good.
+1 Addictive, I can't stop eating it when I make it.Just the right of smoke and fat...IMO.

Playing catch up here, been a busy past few days. :)

Lots of lamb dishes here tonight. Andy, those riblets look perfect. :yum: Steve, that's a great looking dish! Powerplant, I haven't had tater tot casserole in ages, that one looks so good. Everyone's dinners sound great.

I spent a lot of time yesterday (Sunday) in the kitchen preparing foods ahead of time to munch on throughout the week. Every now and then I do a 'cook ahead' day and yesterday was one of them. Roasted a chicken, made mashed potatoes to bag up in the foodsaver and freeze, roasted and quartered some beets, made a pot of split pea soup, threw together a potato salad, and I think that's it. :LOL: Lots of yummies to nibble on for the next few days, all I have to do is make salads to go with, or prepare some kind of greens to go with them.

Tonight's dinner was chicken legs, potato salad, and some of the beets.

LOL :LOL:

Ok. I found that funny, which probably means I need more of that cultural diversity training they offer at work.

i wasn't intending that to be negative in any way.

just observational.

<<head wiggle>>

wow, that's fun to do, and it can mean so many things!

I had some leftover Chinese food from last night. Vegetable Chop Suey, Spring Rolls, Mushroom Chow Mein and Prawns (minus the sweet and sour sauce.

I am slowly getting used to this diabetic vegetarian diet. It is easier as I realize how much better I feel not having the foods that are bad for me! I am not full vegetarian because I can eat some fish and seafood, but I am also close to vegan as I can't have dairy or eggs.

I've never been one to fit into any molds! :angel:

I bought a packet of mixed, diced fish (salmon, cod and smoked haddock). I made a thick parsley sauce and lightly simmered the fish in this. Had it with mash.

I made balsamic chicken and vegetables using this recipe for the sauce - http://www.bhg.com/recipe/chicken/balsamic-chicken-and-vegetables/ - but I used two boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut in half lengthwise, a couple cups of red, yellow and green bell peppers, half of a red onion and a clove of garlic. I served it over leftover rice with garlic bread made with roasted elephant garlic. I don't think I'll be buying that again, except maybe for Chicken with 40 Cloves of Garlic.

Attachments

• 1411483843515.jpg
    1411483843515.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 180
Back
Top Bottom