Monday Sept. 22 ~ menu

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tonight's entry from the "Andy eats whatever he wants" menu is garlic and herb crusted rack of lamb, rice pilaf and string beans sautéed with shallots and mushrooms. I think I'll crack open a bottle of wine to go with it. Dessert will follow later - vanilla bean ice cream and hot fudge sauce.

I roasted a whole chicken in the crockpot yesterday so it will be something with chicken. Maybe a chicken and stuffing baked casserole. Baked sweet potato's and green beans on the side.

Slow roasting a slab of pork belly. Marinated it with chinese cooking wine and 5 spice powder. Going to steam some dumplings, make up a few spring rolls and some vegetable fried rice....

My beef roast is about ready to come out of the over. Put potatoes in with the roast because my cold is slowing me down. We'll have mashed with leftover beef later this week. When the roast comes out, I'll cook the Haricot Vert beans I bought at TJs a few weeks ago.

We had a French omelette with scallions and Emmental cheese. Served it with whole grain toast and bacon. Yes, CWS, that bacon we shared. Yes, it is really good.

Tonight's entry from the "Andy eats whatever he wants" menu is garlic and herb crusted rack of lamb, rice pilaf and string beans sautéed with shallots and mushrooms. I think I'll crack open a bottle of wine to go with it. Dessert will follow later - vanilla bean ice cream and hot fudge sauce.

I'm getting a bang out of your "Andy eats whatever he wants"...tonight sounds fabulous !! Can we talk you out of a picture?

Tonight we're having pesto, red bell pepper, mushroom, onion, diced pancetta and cheese pizza.

Last edited:
Tater Tot Casserole

img_1389233_0_2ff9e9764f809d7fc9785a6f7dcc041d.jpg

I'm getting a bang out of your "Andy eats whatever he wants"...tonight sounds fabulous !! Can we talk you out of a picture?

Tonight we're having pesto, red bell pepper, mushroom, onion, diced pancetta and cheese pizza.

OK. First, it was delicious! I plated and then found my camera battery was dead. So here's a cell phone photo. It's a little out of focus.

Attachments

• 0922142010.jpg
    0922142010.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 183
It looks like we have at least another week of top notch grilling weather before the inevitable Autumn cool down begins, so I am taking advantage.

Tonight's fare: grilled game hens with red pepper jelly and smoked balsamic glaze, Spanish rice, and heirloom tomaters from my garden. These are old German yellow and sweet Carneros pink... two of my favorites.

img_1389242_0_8a56fd0f70f45e6414a7a339f21aa368.jpg

wow, andy. those chops are beauts! they're so meaty. i've been passing by the lamb i've seen in the stores here because they're just a thin strip of meat on the bone. and then they're often frenched so even the tasty fat is gone.

nice job.

i grilled some chicken breasts in my turkish rub, and made yukon gold mashed and grape tomato salad for dw and my boy.

i wasn't hungry then, so i'll get something on the way in to work tonight.

wow, andy. those chops are beauts! they're so meaty. i've been passing by the lamb i've seen in the stores here because they're just a thin strip of meat on the bone...

Tom, I got the rack at Costco. 8 ribs, about $16.50. Tomorrow's dinner will be a less expensive menu.

We just picked up this year's 4H lamb. Thinking I need to thaw some chops....

Pork steaks baked in sauerkraut and browned onions and the last fresh corn from the u-pick. Our strawberries are going crazy so it's berries and vanilla Haagen-Dazs for dessert.

thanks, andy. i can't wait for a nearby costco to finish being built so we can join again.

there's a few we can go to now but the parking and traffic getting to and from is insane. the new one will just be 5 minutes from my house next to a small airport, so the traffic and parking should be reasonable.

should be. :ermm:

and $16.50 isn't bad. i'm about to pay that for a chicago burger (back bacon, swiss, sauteed mushrooms and onions, lettuce and tomato on the boigah) and fries.

i have no idea.

i asked the waiter that once, and he just did that indecisive head wiggle thing that indians do (south asia indians).

at least i can understand why they call a mozzarella cheese steak on garlic bread a balboa, as in rocky. from philly.

Back
Top Bottom