Monday September 10th, dinner tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tomato Paella (almost), and sauteed shrimp w garlic, butter, evoo & parsley. Found my inspiration here:

The Wednesday Chef: Mark Bittman's Tomato Paella

Don't have saffron on hand, so it won't be an actual paella, but will sub out with oregano or basil, throw about two handfulls of shrimp into a skillet w evoo, butter & garlic - then serve the shrimp over the tomato (not really)paella with garlic bread. Have blueberries on hand I need to use up... so vanilla pudding topped with blue berries.

Last edited:
it`s kinda hard to say as it doesn`t have a name, it`s an Own recipe.

cut a block of mozerella up into long fat strips, marinade them in liquid smoke, a bit of salt, garlic grans and tobasco.

then wrap them then filo pastry and deep fry them.

I`m doing the same with chili hot`n`spicy hotdogs but making a Corn flour batter for them (like Corndogs without the sweet stuff).

Monday Night Football is grilling night. The menu varies but the cooking method doesn't. Tonight, we're having brats topped with kraut, some broccoli salad that I set aside from the double batch I made to take to dinner last night and some corn relish that the hostess sent home with us.

We're grilling chicken, I"ll probably top it with some bbq sauce, and will have that with homemade mac and cheese and brocoli with garlic and red pepper.

Tomato Paella (almost), and sauteed shrimp w garlic, butter, evoo & parsley. Found my inspiration here:

The Wednesday Chef: Mark Bittman's Tomato Paella

Don't have saffron on hand, so it won't be an actual paella, but will sub out with oregano or basil, throw about two handfulls of shrimp into a skillet w evoo, butter & garlic - then serve the shrimp over the tomato (not really)paella with garlic bread. Have blueberries on hand I need to use up... so vanilla pudding topped with blue berries.
Thanks for the link Amy. This stuff looks heavenly and easy enough to prepare. I don't really care for saffron but basil sounds great.

We are just having a big salad with butter lettuce, diced avocado and lots of crab with a louis dressing..i am adding ome chopped tomatoes and cucumbers to it..DH just loves it and so I decided to give him a treat. I made some french bread and will slice up some of that and pull some onion soup from the freezer...That should take care of all of us nicely..Baked apples filled with mascarpone,toasted pine nuts and brown sugar if the mood strikes..
kadesma;)

Well, it's just me and the twins tonight. It's been raining most of the morning, so I decided to make Drunken Pintos, Mexican Rice, and Cornbread. The beans are cooking as I type. I'm going to start on the cornbread in about 20 minutes. Then do a few extra steps for the beans, and do the rice. Of course, the sun's been out now for about 30 minutes. It was supposed to be the other way around, with rain happening this evening. Sometimes you just never know...............

trying something new with my eggplant. Baked slices with olive oil then topped it with a fresh tomato slice, fresh basil, breadcrumbs and parm cheese. Serving it with smoked sausage that I picked up at a smoke house in Vermont. Maybe will add a fresh greenleaf salad.

Lefselover, your dinner sounds fantastic. Tonight will be leftover chinese from last night - its been a hard week, still not in the mood to cook:(....maybe tomorrow night.

Lefselover, your dinner sounds fantastic. Tonight will be leftover chinese from last night - its been a hard week, still not in the mood to cook:(....maybe tomorrow night.
Chinese left overs are fine Michele..Your family understands. besides as long as you're together, pband j would be okay, it's just being together that counts..Just take it one day at a time..It gets easier...
kads

the skinny on the 'oven jambalaya'.
it's sort of [for the most part] didn't work.
can't tell you how many times I've had it in and out of the oven, again and again. firstly, the rice never set up, the 40 minutes as called for was way off, as the rice and veggies never cooked up all the way through and were hard. the appearance was off too, after being in the oven so much, it sort of died.
however having said all that and just finishing dinner, my doll said, "most excellent, most wonderful" << his standard verbiage when he is very happy with his meal. {just wait until he gets a few of those cookies}.
the flavor of the jambalaya was about a 7 out of 10, so not bad, just not perfect.

Just posted the scones recipe on the bread thread
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f23/rasmeusons-b-b-scones-38137.html#post480783
they were so good [first time for me actually making them] having eaten them time and time again at relatives B+B.

Happy birthday to your son, love that age.

MM, your meal will be wonderful, no matter reruns or not, my friend, two words for you, long bath and hot tea, okay 4......;)....

Last edited:
I was planning to make shrimp curry with coconut milk, but the coconut milk had been in the pantry a little too long, apparently, so I shifted gears and made a shrimp stir-fry with peppers, onions, and my usual brown sauce. over rice.

boy, tonight didn't get anymore low brow, but it was GREAT!

My better half made nathans hot dogs with mac n cheese. lol, I can not remember the last time I had had that combo, but I know it wont be long til I have it again, lol.

Back
Top Bottom