Monday September 26th 2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm having a pork steak with zucchini.

I haven't figured out how I'll make the zucchini.

sliced with onions and fried in butter
diced and simmered in stewed tomatoes
stuffed with sausage stuffing (from a casserole) and baked/roasted

Hmmm......

I might go out and see if the town store has any frozen wings. That recipe I dug up for CWS(?) has me hankerin' for some wings.

We're going to revisit the white beans and ham that I made on Saturday. Made a vat full. More cornbread, along with a tossed salad so we can enjoy some of our last tomatoes from the garden. Iced tea. A personal apple pie each for dessert.

dw had a doc appointment, so i made a roast chicken, mashed potatoes, and raw yellow bell pepper strips for dinner. dessert was strawberries and cream.

hope she likes it when she gets home.

I picked up my frozen wings.
Now I'm sitting here hoping there's teriyaki sauce in the pantry, but I'll bet there isn't. Shoot. I'll come up with another marinade.

I love them just about any way I can think of, VB. And definitely blue cheese dip present when they're hot! I was really hoping my Browns would be playing Buffalo this year for my personal challenge, but no such luck. So I'll just have to make some Buffalo wings for no reason, lol.

I was really hoping for something sticky/hot/sweet tonight and just checked... no teriyaki. I'll come up with something. Google is our friend.

chicken thighs marinated in honey bbq sauce. not sure about sides. maybe mac salad and crispy green beans or sweet potato fries.

I think I asked you this before, but I don't remember the answer. What are "crispy green beans"?

Pot roast with mashed potatoes and green beans.

I saw Pioneer Woman making it Saturday and knew I had to make it. It was very delicious.

I think I asked you this before, but I don't remember the answer. What are "crispy green beans"?

I know I asked her before :LOL:
They're a specific way of cooking frozen (I think) green beans. But I don't remember now either :wacko:
Same thing with the chili size. I can never remember what it is because it's not a popular food here.

Hey Babe, kill us two birds with one stone. :chef:

the chili size is my own version. burger bun, cooked hamburger on it, heat canned chili (your fave) put on top of burger. i put grated cheddar on that. oh , forgot i put chopped onion on top of chili before the cheese. usually i just melt cheese bout thirty seconds in micro. yummy flavors. hope you will try it.

the chili size is my own version. burger bun, cooked hamburger on it, heat canned chili (your fave) put on top of burger. i put grated cheddar on that. oh , forgot i put chopped onion on top of chili before the cheese. usually i just melt cheese bout thirty seconds in micro. yummy flavors. hope you will try it.

Do you put the chili and stuff on top of the patty, or on top of the whole burger after it's together?

I made a cheeseburger casserole one time that was pretty good. The cheeseburgers were built (cooked ground meat was used) and french fries piled on, along with the jazzed up ketchup topping, then the whole thing baked in a casserole dish. It was like an open faced cheeseburger sandwich and boy was it good.
I'll have to look for that recipe.

And that's why I'm asking. Are all your toppings in the bun, or on the bun?

Back
Top Bottom