Monday the 12th. Dinner???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In honor of THE Ohio State Buckeyes playing in the first-ever College Football National Championship game, I will be creating the original, Chittenden Avenue in Columbus, OH Quisno's sub sandwiches. Not to be confused with the chain version (started by a former OSU student who worked for the family-run Quisno's, headed west, corrupted the spelling of the name, and started a ho-hum hoagie chain...), this is a wonderfully toasted sub bun chock full of yummy stuff. Let the game (and eating) commence! At 8:30 PM...

In honor of THE Ohio State Buckeyes playing in the first-ever College Football National Championship game, I will be creating the original, Chittenden Avenue in Columbus, OH Quisno's sub sandwiches. Not to be confused with the chain version (started by a former OSU student who worked for the family-run Quisno's, headed west, corrupted the spelling of the name, and started a ho-hum hoagie chain...), this is a wonderfully toasted sub bun chock full of yummy stuff. Let the game (and eating) commence! At 8:30 PM...

I used to live on East 8th Ave! Can use give more details on the sub??

I was thinking about burgers for dinner, but am waiting for sub instructions..

Last edited:
I made DH a crock pot pulled pork/ham sandwich to take back to work at lunch, and while he proclaimed it the best PP he's ever had, it was a big sandwich, and he isn't hungry for dinner. We may end up with just a salad with PF's teriyaki dressing tonight.

Last edited:
I used to live on East 8th Ave! Can use give more details on the sub??

I was thinking about burgers for dinner, but am waiting for sub instructions..
beth, it's a good thing I sat down to rest my barking "dogs" for a minute. Otherwise, I wouldn't have seen this till too late. Unfortunately, this will probably require a trip to the store...

Start with a sub bun/French bread/ciabatta bread. Something that toasts nicely. Cut open for sandwich, place on baking sheet cut-side down, and pop into oven just long enough to crunch the crust. Flip over and layer the bottom half with salami, pepperoni, two or three types of ham (I usually use prosciutto, capicola and a baked ham that isn't sweet), and the top half with cheese(s). Tonight it's just provolone, but sometimes I'll also add a slice of mozz. Pop the tray into the oven so that the cheese melts and the meats warm. When the cheese is melted, add slices of onion, tomato, mild pepper rings (or hot, if that's your thing) and lettuce. Drizzle with sub dressing, or mix your own with olive oil with Italian herbs and a bit of granulated garlic.

When you put this into the oven, have the temp set for around 450, like you would use to bake a pizza. Quisno's would send their sandwiches through the pizza oven to toast them. :yum: My friend Marlene lived right across from Quisno's. I never got any sleep when I would stay with her. :ermm:

I did sausage and peppers tonight with homemade rolls of course. {again, lol}

I did sweet and spicy sausage {I have a bunch that wouldn't fit in the frz}...
I just throw a few red and green peppers in the food slicer with a few onions, then olive oil and a tbl of sugar, cook them down. I add some red sauce when they are done-ish...

Next I put the entire sausages in the oven and bake them till they are firm, then I cut them into slices about 1/2" thick.

Next I cover them with my red sauce and add the onions and pepper mix, mix it up in the oven pan and put it back in the oven for about 45 minutes...

By then the rolls will be done and cooled...

Quick monday dinner for me and the kids, my wife is out with my sister they went and got their eyebrows done, I have no idea what that means, but I figure she has always been having them "done" and she looks good, so maybe I don't want to see her with her eyebrows "UNDONE" ... She will eat leftovers from last night when she gets home...

beth, it's a good thing I sat down to rest my barking "dogs" for a minute. Otherwise, I wouldn't have seen this till too late. Unfortunately, this will probably require a trip to the store...

Start with a sub bun/French bread/ciabatta bread. Something that toasts nicely. Cut open for sandwich, place on baking sheet cut-side down, and pop into oven just long enough to crunch the crust. Flip over and layer the bottom half with salami, pepperoni, two or three types of ham (I usually use prosciutto, capicola and a baked ham that isn't sweet), and the top half with cheese(s). Tonight it's just provolone, but sometimes I'll also add a slice of mozz. Pop the tray into the oven so that the cheese melts and the meats warm. When the cheese is melted, add slices of onion, tomato, mild pepper rings (or hot, if that's your thing) and lettuce. Drizzle with sub dressing, or mix your own with olive oil with Italian herbs and a bit of granulated garlic.

When you put this into the oven, have the temp set for around 450, like you would use to bake a pizza. Quisno's would send their sandwiches through the pizza oven to toast them. :yum: My friend Marlene lived right across from Quisno's. I never got any sleep when I would stay with her. :ermm:

Thank you CG. Yep it will require a trip to the market. Ingredients duly noted, for a later meal.

We had the burgers early, so we can head north to feed the horse and beat the snow.

You're enthusiasm is delightful CG and I'll be cheering for your team too! Go Buckeye's!!

I did sausage and peppers tonight with homemade rolls of course. {again, lol}

I did sweet and spicy sausage {I have a bunch that wouldn't fit in the frz}...
I just throw a few red and green peppers in the food slicer with a few onions, then olive oil and a tbl of sugar, cook them down. I add some red sauce when they are done-ish...

Next I put the entire sausages in the oven and bake them till they are firm, then I cut them into slices about 1/2" thick.

Next I cover them with my red sauce and add the onions and pepper mix, mix it up in the oven pan and put it back in the oven for about 45 minutes...

By then the rolls will be done and cooled...

Quick monday dinner for me and the kids, my wife is out with my sister they went and got their eyebrows done, I have no idea what that means, but I figure she has always been having them "done" and she looks good, so maybe I don't want to see her with her eyebrows "UNDONE" ... She will eat leftovers from last night when she gets home...

:LOL::ROFLMAO:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We're having brined fried pork chops, green beans with bacon onion in chick. broth, baked spuds. Simple but good.:yum:

Dinner was to be ham and beans with corn muffins. I put a pot of (soaked) yellow-eye beans on the back of the cookstove this morning with instructions to let them barely simmer. Should have put them in the crockpot....I'm pretty sure DH wandered off and let the stove go out because they're still a bit crunchy.

So tonight it will be leftover lamb curry made from leftover slow-roasted lamb shoulder. And gingerbread pudding cake with a plop of vanilla Häagen-Dazs.

Dinner was to be ham and beans with corn muffins. I put a pot of (soaked) yellow-eye beans on the back of the cookstove this morning with instructions to let them barely simmer. Should have put them in the crockpot....I'm pretty sure DH wandered off and let the stove go out because they're still a bit crunchy.

So tonight it will be leftover lamb curry made from leftover slow-roasted lamb shoulder. And gingerbread pudding cake with a plop of vanilla Häagen-Dazs.

DHs often can't be trusted to watch the beans. At least mine can't, he also tends to wander. I lose him at grocery stores and Costco all the time. I find crockpots to be much more reliable.

"unibrow" :ermm: :LOL:

So many tempting dinners and inspiration tonight, as always. :yum: I'm craving beans and ham now, and CG, that sub sounds awesome. Can't comment on everyone's, but they all sound so good. :yum:

Tonight's dinner was a throw-together quesadilla with bits and pieces of leftovers. 3 cheeses, the last of the chopped jalapeno, green onions, and Ortega green chilies, a handful of chopped spinach, and the last spoonful or two of salsa. Fruit salad on the side - a mango, 2 halos, and the last banana. Sounds like an odd dinner, but it was good. :)

Mint chocolate chip ice cream and searching for a movie now. :)

Back
Top Bottom