Mondays...blah! What's for dinner to start the week? 09/23

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
I've got the Mondays. I'm on days off, but the weather is windy and overcast. It looks like it might rain.

I've got everyone at home for dinner so I want to make something we will all enjoy, but I'm struggling with inertia. My butt does not want to leave the couch.

I've got some tomatoes in roasting with onions and garlic. I'll probably do something with that for dinner. I've also got a zucchini and about 25lbs of carrots. YIKES. Maybe stuffed zucchini?

How are you combating the Mondays?

I'm off to a condo board meeting tonight so I'll be eating some leftover pork tenderloin and roasted potatoes for a quick dinner. SO is on her own.

Making a recipe I got from my cousin who has her own Italian restaurant. We'll be having pork loin medallions in sage cream sauce (her recipe), lemon-butter broccoli, stuffed mushrooms, iced tea and zucchini cake/bread for dessert.

I've got some Brussels sprouts to use up yet, so I'll probably grill a steak to go along with them.

Left over BBQ-ish pot roast on sweet rolls. More marinated veggie salad. Blah, indeed.

I just had a serving of my sweet and sour chicken and rice. Got choral society tonight and DH is TDY again this week.

Now don't be too horrified, but I have never made burgers in all my years of cooking!:ohmy:

So I have been collaborating with Addie and today I made some. I put a little pat of garlic butter in the middle of the burgers, and served them on soft white, seeded baps, with cheese, lettuce, thinly sliced tomato and gherkin, and a dollop of mayo. They were delicious! So thanks very much Addie! :D

Whoops, did I see CWS peaking through the windows. Sweet, welcome back. And Katy, That sounds like a perfect home style burger.

For once I was thinking ahead. Cooked sausage and burger mix yesterday. Saved the drippings. Cooked a little more sausage and burger and onion today. Made sausage gravy from the drippings. Mixed in a few leftover spoonfuls from the sandwich mix from Sunday, added some cooked carrots, cauliflower and cut up green beans. Herbed up with a little marjoram and garden sage, Mix and Pour into a shallow casserole dish. A 9 X 9 size pan worked this time Top with some hand mashed potatoes and grated cheese. Bake. Voila’ . Cottage pie. My way.

I was going to cook this yesterday but I didn't have the time well didn't really feel like cooking. Today, I cooked cabbage greens, corn bread, sweet potatos, with neckbones.

Parmesan chicken with rice and zucchini with tomato sauce and cheese on top. Mimosa salad to go with. Yum.

Fried eggs and peanut butter toast. I just discovered we're out of butter!

Back
Top Bottom