Monday's Dinner 11/1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Littlechef

Senior Cook
Happy November 1st,

Beautiful sunny day here, but on the cold side with our temps only going up to the min 40's.

We had a fair amount of trick-r-treaters yesterday ... I just love to see the little ones in their costumes. I can't believe that Thanksgiving is only a few weeks away.

Dinner tonight will be beef stew in the crockpot. I will serve it over rice pilaf, and a nice big salad on the side.

Enjoy the day:chef:

Last edited:
Not sure yet... probably just a strange combination of leftovers, but I'm not sure there are enough scraps to feed everyone. Since dh isn't very keen on leftovers anyway, I'll probably have to come up with something else for him. Still thinking about that.

I got it now... southwestern bean soup with tortilla chips and side salad. This will probably be for me and I'll freeze the rest for my lunches. Dh will have the leftover hamburger patty I have, make it into a bacon cheeseburger. Kids get chicken nuggets, carrot & celery sticks, fresh raspberries and cubed cheese.

I had too much meat mixture when I made the Tamale Meatloaf, so I took the excess and made a big patty with some added bread crumbs. I'll cook it up tonight with a slice of Swiss cheese on top.

I'm finally getting the leftovers taken care of so I can start something new with the frozen shredded pork and beef. The last of the meatloaf will go in the freezer after I slice it. the fridge is looking pretty clean, but that freezer is jam packed.

Still not feeling like eating and DH will be at work. Probably more won ton soup for me (thanks to my best friend who made me a bunch of won tons) and waffles and sausages for Dad.

We haven't eaten lunch, yet...Salmon for dinner, don't know how or whith what. Working on baking more bread this afternoon.

I don't know yet. Probably something with hamburger. DH is teaching and won't be home until after 9pm so it will have to be something that will keep until he gets home. Maybe hamburger mac and cheese and a salad.

We're getting ready for a week-long road trip, so I'm using up anything that won't last in the fridge. Today will be a salad and pasta carbonara.

I think we're having spaghetti squash, baked potatoes, and another veg, just not sure what yet.

Right now I have nothing on hand! lol
I'm getting ready to pick up my daughter from preschool - run to the grocery store before picking up my friend's daughter from her school. I'm very happy my little guy is sleeping so he can stay home with his sick dad... me + 4 kids at the store = :w00t:
The teriyaki sauce sounds delicious!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom