Monday's Dinner - 3/23/2015

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steve Kroll

Wine Guy
Hmm... I guess no one ate today. :(

I had a plate full of mismatched things for dinner. Three scallops, a couple strips of bacon, some sauteed spinach with mushrooms, a hard boiled egg, and a can of sardines. After dinner I had a protein shake with a few strawberries.

For some reason I was way under on my protein target for today, so I was stuffing myself full of every high protein item I could find in the fridge. Normally I wouldn't sweat it, but tonight is gym night and tomorrow morning I'm getting a blood test, so I needed to store some energy in order to fast for 16 hours or so.

Tonight was our condo association's annual meeting. I spent part of today preparing for the meeting and the evening at the meeting. As a result, dinner was late. I just finished a roast pork and provolone sandwich on a deli roll with a cold beer.

My daughter and grandson came over this afternoon...we played kickball and soccer in the backyard, and ended up with a tray of ham, cheese, salami, crackers, celery and peanut butter, etc., on the patio for dinner.

They're still here playing in the backyard, I'm fixin' to scoop up some ice cream for dessert.

Last edited:
freezer dived a couple of burritos along with some salsa. Then later DH scrounged numerous things in the fridge. I was clearing out the file drawer so didn't see all he fetched, but some ham from the weekend roast and cheese was spotted in his hand. I had sliced banana, vanilla yogurt with chokecherry syrup.

I've been using up a couple of heads of red cabbage...so I had red cabbage slaw with EVOO and vinegar dressing. Nothing too exciting.

It's just now dinner time here. My dinner for one was from Trader Joe's frozen foods.."A French style flat bread with ham, caramelized onions and Gruyere cheese" and a baby spinach salad.

We had some of the best chicken pot pie we've ever made even though 2 main ingredients were left over from 2 separate unrelated meals. The gravy was leftover from a chicken fried steak meal. The chicken was leftover from mojo-marinated grilled chicken. The veges (carrots, potatoes, mushrooms and onions) were all cooked fresh. It was topped with filo sheets brushed with a combo of duck fat and bacon grease that was left over from another meal, then sprinkled with parm.

I told Craig it's a shame we'll probably never be able to duplicate it exactly again, especially since he made the gravy for the chicken fried steak meal and that's something I normally do.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom