Monday's dinner...3-26-18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
What was (or is) on your plate for dinner today? I grilled a rib eye on this beautiful afternoon. Cut a big chunk off for steak 'n eggs tomorrow morning, since I knew I'd never be able to finish it in one sitting.

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 149
What a truly beautiful plate Cheryl. That's my idea of the perfect meal.

Tonight we are having sausage and cheese ravoli with my quick marinara sauce. SC will make salads, and we'll have some garlic Texas toast.

Last edited:
I was off to the condo's annual meeting so SO and GD went out to dinner (!) and I had a meatloaf sandwich with pickles and beer.

Lovely steak, Cheryl. What time is breakfast tomorrow and what can I bring? :D

Roch, I hope you're all healthy again soon. Feel better.

Dinner was ready at 9:00 PM tonight. It's going to take a while for this old dog to learn to cook dinner earlier...

We had a pot of collard greens and onions with cannellini beans and cooking kielbasa (Eckrich or Hillshire Farms vs the good stuff from the Polish store). I also made a pan of cornbread. Himself raved about tonight's dinner, which he called "weenies and beans". :LOL: Whatever he calls it, at least he liked it - after I had my bowl full, he promptly finished off what was in the pot.

Attachments

• 20180326_214024.jpg
    20180326_214024.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 99
What was (or is) on your plate for dinner today?

Nice rib-eye steak, nice salad, nice roll, Cheryl! I've lately gotten into including a couple of frozen "colossal shrimp" (not that huge really) to go with a steak dinner. I don't butterfly them like I used to, I just clean the veins out, butter and garlic them, and set them to grill with the steak. I turn them using my my pig tail utensil. Just 2 large sized shrimp adds a lot to my steak and salad dinners. I used to be able to eat 4 butterflied shrimp and a steak. Age and higher prices have changed things for me. 2 shrimp with a steak dinner is plenty for me now. Somewhat of a luxury too :yum:

Last edited:
Lovely steak, Cheryl. What time is breakfast tomorrow and what can I bring? :D

Roch, I hope you're all healthy again soon. Feel better.

Dinner was ready at 9:00 PM tonight. It's going to take a while for this old dog to learn to cook dinner earlier...

We had a pot of collard greens and onions with cannellini beans and cooking kielbasa (Eckrich or Hillshire Farms vs the good stuff from the Polish store). I also made a pan of cornbread. Himself raved about tonight's dinner, which he called "weenies and beans". :LOL: Whatever he calls it, at least he liked it - after I had my bowl full, he promptly finished off what was in the pot.

:LOL: CG...I can never finish a whole steak, even when I divide it up the night before. I love the leftovers the next morning with fried eggs. :yum:

Your dinner looks wonderful. Sausage, beans, greens, and cornbread....yum! :chef:

Nice rib-eye steak, nice salad, nice roll, Cheryl! I've lately gotten into including a couple of frozen "colossal shrimp" (not that huge really) to go with a steak dinner. I don't butterfly them like I used to, I just clean the veins out, butter and garlic them, and set them to grill with the steak. I turn them using my my pig tail utensil. Just 2 large sized shrimp adds a lot to my steak and salad dinners. I used to be able to eat 4 butterflied shrimp and a steak. Age and higher prices have changed things for me. 2 shrimp with a steak dinner is plenty for me now. Somewhat of a luxury too :yum:

Thank you, Caslon. Sounds like you're really getting into the cooking mode! I also love 'surf and turf'. The problem is, I can hardly finish half the 'turf', let alone the 'surf'. :LOL: So I usually do them up separately for the reasons you mentioned.... :) Good to hear from you, and thank you again for your nice comment.

Last edited:
I also love 'surf and turf'. The problem is, I can hardly finish half the 'turf', let alone the 'surf'. :LOL:

I only buy thin cut steaks now, for both the lower price and the fact that I can't put away as much as I used to. I have to time cooking thin cut steaks real close because they can go from medium rare to medium real fast. :cool:

Last edited:
I only buy thin cut steaks now, for both the lower price and the fact that I can't put away as much as I used to. I have to time cooking thin cut steaks real close because they can go from medium rare to medium real fast. :cool:
I've been preheating my cast iron pan in 500 degree oven, then taking it out and putting it on the range on high for another minute..this really gets a quick sear going..should get you a quick crust without over cooking the inside..you could also put your pan under the broiler for a few minutes before cooking your steak ..that would help

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom