Monday's Dinner - 4/21 - Leftovers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In a sense, yes, we're having leftovers tonight. I put together a Shepherd's Pie from Saturday's lamb, gravy, veggies, and potatoes.

img_1358557_0_000fcc39784c30e080dda260eb7ea222.jpg

I would LOVE some leftovers. Unfortunately, we just got home from vacation last night, and the fridge was cleaned out. So spelunking I will go.

Hm. All the previous talk about Easter ham, I think I might have some frozen. Huh, guess not. So spelunked turkey chili it is!

Last edited:
No leftovers available. Bangers and mash tonight. Delicious venison sausages made by the local butcher, potatoes mashed with lots of butter, steamed broccolini and onion gravy.

Only just eaten that so "pudding" is yet to be decided. I scoffed the last orange last night so possibly natural yoghourt with lemon curd tonight or I could be a disgusting piggy and have cheese and digestive biscuits ( I gather these are a bit like grahame crackers). I'm rather partial to a nice bit of brie with a sweetish biscuit.

Looks yummy, Steve. :yum:

Not sure yet what's for dinner - I might just end up with guacamole and homemade salsa and chips. Have an avocado and some romas that need to be used.

I wish I had the ham to have leftovers from. I think I'm going to buy one this week. :)

We actually have bits of leftovers from the last three days, so buffet it is! I'll make good-sided salads and we'll each move on from there. I'll be adding some of yesterday's leftover chicken and steak to mine. I'm guessing Himself will happily scarf down the small tubs of chili from Saturday night and some sort of sausage/cannellini bean/kale thing from Thursday.

No leftovers available. Bangers and mash tonight. Delicious venison sausages made by the local butcher, potatoes mashed with lots of butter, steamed broccolini and onion gravy.

Only just eaten that so "pudding" is yet to be decided. I scoffed the last orange last night so possibly natural yoghourt with lemon curd tonight or I could be a disgusting piggy and have cheese and digestive biscuits ( I gather these are a bit like grahame crackers). I'm rather partial to a nice bit of brie with a sweetish biscuit.
I'm freezing but refusing to turn on the central heating as it's mid April. So what am I having for dessert? Why, salted caramel............................................ice cream!!

I had something planned for the oven. The day turned out so nice I double timed it up to the store and splurged on a ribeye. As soon as I brought that baby home, lit the coals and had dinner this afternoon. Simple green salad with a little onion, tomato cuke .

I got ambitious and cooked again today. Roasted boneless chicken breasts, bacon roasted brussel sprouts, and a orange-chili noodle side dish.

I'm going to have grilled; salmon, smashed redskins, stuffed mushrooms and asparagus.

Today meat loaf, potato casserole and corn. For dessert we had leftover birthday cake (grandson turned 12) with strawberries and whipped cream. Will have leftovers later in the week with meat loaf and potatoes.

Left overs here but not from Easter dinner! There wasn't enough left for another meal so it got split into small portions for my dad. We have pork chops in onion sauce and mashed potatoes left from birthday dinner Sat night that are getting nuked.

We had the potato, ham and cheese soup. I used the leftover ham for it, and it is nice!

I know this doesn't sound like a match to the soup, but we also had leftover cole slaw.

With love,
~Cat

We are having....you guessed it leftover ham, not enough scalloped potatoes left over, so mashed potatoes with some gravy made from the ham drippings. Steamed broccoli again for DH and more fresh asparagus from my little patch for me. I think maybe I will freeze most if the rest of the ham fir later meals, but we may have one more meal from it this week. I'm thinking Ham with Pappardelle and peas in a creamy sauce. Then we will be "hammed out" for awhile :)

Back
Top Bottom