Monday's dinner, December 5, 2016

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bucky!!! :ohmy: :ROFLMAO:

It looks lovely, Andy, but I'm in the "don't really like lamb" camp with SO. Still, it is an elegant dinner.

Here is a photo of our peasant dinner:

Attachments

• 2016-12-05 21.16.41.jpg
    2016-12-05 21.16.41.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 164
For myself, I am making this:

http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo/recipe/chicken-squash-tagine/F201606038

For the Elders I am making chicken and wild rice with squash as the side. I had to look up the recipe, I haven't made this since I was in high school--many, many eons ago.

Easy Chicken Rice Casserole Recipe - Allrecipes.com
Mine was excellent. Definitely something I will make again. I used a breast since that is what I had thawed for the Elders. I had to scale mine back and juggle things in the oven, but I liked mine and they liked theirs. We were all happy.

Beautiful looking (and sounding) dinners this evening!! :yum: Oh my gosh...I'm drooling.

Just a quickie dinner here this evening...taco salad and a Corona with the last wedge of leftover lime. :chef: :yum:

I'm a lamb lover as well. All kinds of lamb: leg, rib or loin chops, shoulder cuts, neck, even the head.

Dw will only eat American lamb since it's "less stinky".

I find it difficult to get good, meaty rib chops like Andy posted. For the price, I refuse to pay for mostly bones.

All those meals look and sound amazing!

I invited a couple of friends for supper to celebrate the new stove (and my birthday but I didn't tell them that LOL.
We were so busy yakking and my phone kept announcing texts - I forgot to take photo's!! :(

The Cornish Hens were gorgeous and delicious in the clay pot. Stuffed with a mix of wild rice and long grain rice, seasoned with orange and all sorts of spices. It was yummy. I did 2 hens, weighing approx 3 lbs total, which fit in my clay pot perfectly. Were excellent serving sizes for 4 people. They were also not difficult to cut in half and presented beautifully.

Their small size, presented as a half bird is really quite elegant - but the practical part of me said they taste no different than regular chicken and are more than twice the price. ;)

The potato scallop starts off on the stove top and ends in the oven. I personally wasn't impressed with the end result thou everyone seemed to like them and gobbled them up. I even nibbled on them with my coffee this morning but they are not on my "do again" list.

Spicy green beans were very spicy and good (thankfully I had cut the 'spicy' in half) . Good, only will I make them again? Not sure. I think my main problem was doing those vegies without salt. :ermm: the others all like them.

Being distracted with all the gossip - the potatoes heating up on the stove boiled over - sending milk around and down the stove. My new stove was officially baptized into my kitchen with boiling milk. :wacko::ROFLMAO:

We also never made it into the diningroom. We ate around the kitchen table as they were too comfortable to move! :LOL:

We really had a fun evening. I am also very thankful everyone made it home thru white outs of heavy fog patches on country roads. Was not the best of conditions, :(

Back
Top Bottom