Monday's dinner, December 5, 2016

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buckytom

Chef Extraordinaire
Upon what do we sup this day, Monday, the 5th of December?

I have to check the fridge in the garage, but if the pork bulgogi is still good, we'll be having Korean bbq.
Today will be thinly sliced/marinated pork shoulder served in lettuce wraps with seasoned bean paste and shredded green onions. The side dishes, or ban chan, will be seaweed salad, chopped kale salad with ginger sesame dressing, and gimbap (rice wrapped in dried seaweed).

What's on your table tonight?

Last edited:
Tonight will probably be breaded pork chops, potatoes and veggie.

I think we will be having fish and chips. I got some Cod on the weekend and will portion and batter it all, then blanch fry it. I will continue to cook enough for today's meal in the oven and then freeze the rest.

I know you can buy pretty good battered frozen fish. However, it has regular flour in it and I have to use gluten free. But I actually like making food from scratch, specially if I can freeze it for quick meals later.

The potato wedges will be done in the oven on my crisper tray.

That first recipe looks interesting, CW. The second is a real blast from the past!

We're probably having ham and beans and collard greens, but with additions. I'll slice some smoked sausage into the pot, add more broth, and include some small pastas - probably ditilini. I've made this in the past with orecchetti, but I'm plum out of those.

Our soup and croquettes, although they seem more like fritters to me.

37240-albums1041-picture6749.jpg

Today will be thinly sliced/marinated pork shoulder served in lettuce wraps with seasoned bean paste and shredded green onions. The side dishes, or ban chan, will be seaweed salad, chopped kale salad with ginger sesame dressing, and gimbap (rice wrapped in dried seaweed).

That's very traditional. Are you Korean?

I fixed a spaghetti squash, heated up some jarred sauce and Trader Joes breaded chicken strips with a piece of provolone cheese on top. I'm definitely growing spaghetti squash again. It doesn't take me long to forget the battle with squash bugs!

Spaghetti squash is fun, isn't it?

I'd planned on leftover mushroom soup, but apparently DH polished it off for breakfast. Neither of us is hungry right now, so it may be Cheerios later.

Last edited:
Tonight I prepared my favorite "SO is away dinner". Herb crusted rack of lamb with sugar snap peas sautéed with shallots and mushrooms.

1591-albums1062-picture6750.jpg

1591-albums1062-picture6751.jpg

The red zin didn't get into the picture.

Tonight I prepared my favorite "SO is away dinner". Herb crusted rack of lamb with sugar snap peas sautéed with shallots and mushrooms.

1591-albums1062-picture6750.jpg

1591-albums1062-picture6751.jpg

The red zin didn't get into the picture.

Oooh. Think SO would mind if another female joined you? Or do you have any leftovers? :yum:

With that beautiful lamb, I can understand why there may not be leftovers! Otherwise, MsM and I will happily join you next time you cook it. Make sure you get a bigger rack, maybe two next time.

With that beautiful lamb, I can understand why there may not be leftovers! Otherwise, MsM and I will happily join you next time you cook it. Make sure you get a bigger rack, maybe two next time.

:chef: :LOL: :angel:

Back
Top Bottom