Monday's Dinner - Nov 10th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sattie

Washing Up
Yipppppppeeeee! It's Monday!!! Ok, I know... back to work... blah blah blah, who IS really this happy?

Anywho, I know some of us be cooking, and some of us be going out. What is for dinner tonight??!!

Me... dunno yet!:huh:

Got the early shift again hey sattie? Ick.

I have the day off in lieu of tomorrow, how bad does THAT suck?

I'm not sure what to make for dinner. I'm tossing chicken ideas around. Either parmesan chicken or lemon chicken tonight. Pasta for the starch and some kind of salad and maybe yellow beans for the cooked veg. Boring, but tasty.

I have no idea, I have to scrounge around in the freezer to see what I have in there.

Decided I will make pasta with basil pesto sauce. I mixed the pesto up with dried ground basil, Evoo, pine nuts, garlic, salt, pepper. I didn't have fresh basil and didn't feel like going out today.

Last edited:
An open faced hot meatloaf sandwich, with either mashed or fries, but either way lottsa gravy on everything. Four inches of wet snow when I got up today and I'm going to veg out and eat this afternoon.

Snow! Pew! We are supposed to get some of that today too but its holding off so far. Its just been dismal and grey for the last couple of days threatening us.

It's terrible Alix. All my shrubs are laying down, the wires are hanging low, usually the first snow doesn't stick, let alone make things miserable. So good hot food is in order!

It's terrible Alix. All my shrubs are laying down, the wires are hanging low, usually the first snow doesn't stick, let alone make things miserable. So good hot food is in order!

WOW Pacanis... got any pics of that???

Hah! Nice sig Lefty.
I'm not big on desserts myself, there's usually no room.

Hah! Nice sig Lefty.
I'm not big on desserts myself, there's usually no room.

Thanks pacanis, I been saying it in some form or another for years.
Edit: I think I started it saying a desert is an excuse for a poor meal or something like that.

Pacanis, any hint of a warm front moving through to melt some of that "s" word?

Yeah, 50F by Wed. Which is why I have no intention of plowing this wet mess. Besides, I don't even have the plow on the tractor yet ;)

This weekend's flurries scared DH into getting the plow on ours..... he's home doing that now.
Now it probably wont snow til January.....
It's freaking cold today I think I will make corn chowder tonight or maybe some spaghetti sauce.

For Sattie.....
I didn't put my boots back on, but snapped a pic off the back porch and one out the front winder..... very bleak here today. I'll post them in the weather thread as soon as I find it.
I know one thing, I should have saved some of that chili (I've been making) for today.

No snow here, and thankfully, no rain either for a change. I was beginning to think I would have to count to 40!

If lunch is leftover sausage bake then I will have to come up with something different for dinner. If we have something else for lunch it is leftovers tonight.

Back
Top Bottom