Monday's Dinner - Nov 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One of my friends brought me a few smallish bell peppers from her garden so it will be stuffed peppers tonight. I am not sure of the sides, maybe the roasted beets I just took out of the oven though they don't really go. We were going to go out for my birthday but I am trying to fight off a cold so will wait until this weekend.

I'm thinking of passing on dinner. I'm still stuffed from lunch. Maybe an ice cream sundae later.

Meatloaf, I am trying yet another rendition , since I got some new spices and herbs.
Mashed yukon gold potatoes with basil butter, string beans. Not sure about dessert yet.

I made tortilla soup last night so it should be perfect today. Add avocados, cheese, chips it's a real meal!

Meatloaf, I am trying yet another rendition , since I got some new spices and herbs.
Mashed potatoes, string beans. Not sure about dessert yet.

Meatloaf.... I think I'll take out some burger and plan on meatloaf later in the week. Sometimes I need a good oven cooked meal :) with mashed potatoes.

I have a crockpot full of pea soup waiting to be dug into.....I have a thawed roast that needs to be cooked....I have some ground beef which needs to be turned into meatloaves......I also have all the fixings for my annual mega pot of chili that gets portioned into the freezer.

But what to have for dinner?????????:wacko:

Cornish hens tonight,
Not sure yet if they'll be baked, or split and grilled. Right now they're soaking in a brine. Mashed potaoes with mushroom gravy and broccoli will be the sides. (although I may steam up some brussel sprouts for my plate).

I have a crockpot full of pea soup waiting to be dug into.....I have a thawed roast that needs to be cooked....I have some ground beef which needs to be turned into meatloaves......I also have all the fixings for my annual mega pot of chili that gets portioned into the freezer.

Dang girl!!!!

AMEN !!!.....there ya go Sattie! How was that??;)

Tonight for me is freezer clean out....mini tacos...pizza bites... and hash brown patties!!! :LOL::LOL: Anyone one what to come over for dinner??? Anyone???:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Me neither!!

LMAO at you guys trying to do caps too! Thanks for the giggle. I just had a few phone moments where I thought I was going to have to strangle someone. I'm better now thanks to you all.

I just came home and thunk I wanted tacos...
So I made 'Ol Blue's Baked Taco Pasta.
mmmmm smells yummy!!!

lol... sounds like a perfect night for pizza... or at least that's what would happen at my house.:cool:

I just came home and thunk I wanted tacos...
So I made 'Ol Blue's Baked Taco Pasta.
mmmmm smells yummy!!!

Thunk? :huh: Most people a light goes off in their heads. It doesn't really make much noise..... your ideas go thunk? You must have some really good ideas :LOL:
Thanks for reminding me about this recipe, Suzi. I have it printed out and have been wanting to make it!
Thunk ;)

I love my wife, but I'm so bored with pasta every stinking Monday for dinner. Spaghetti, rigagtoni, shells, springs, angel hair (she calls this variety). It's all the same, stinking pasta in meat sauce (I hate ground meat in sauce, I like sausage)! I know she cooked for a family of 5 for 30 years, but this is really getting old.

Don't say "cook dinner yourself," because I do my share of the cooking around here. I would have cooked tonight, but I ended up on a job for 10 hours, and the dreaded springs drowned in sauce for who knows how long was already sitting on the table (I don't like pasta with sauce already on it. I want to put it on all by myself).

I always appreciate having dinner when I get home, (and always tell DW "thanks for making dinner,) but the words would not come tonight. I feel like a heel for not being appreciative, but I'm at the point of putting pasta on my "Never Eat Again" list. DW fed me Hamburger Helper so often when we were first married, that I have forbidden HH from ever being allowed in mt house as long as I'm alive and paying for the food. Pasta and sauce is closer to this list than anyone realizes.

Am I being unreasonable? How do I tell her I can't take another meal of pasta and sauce?

Joseph the Bored

Back
Top Bottom