Monday's Dinner - Nov 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I decided to make myself a pizza.....
With a crispy thin crust, topped with zesty marinara sauce, Italian sausage, reduced fat mozzarella cheese, fontina cheese, spice ham, salami, parmesan cheese and basil. It was pretty good :)

Attachments

• pizza.jpg
    pizza.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 228
Okay, pea soup was eaten for lunch (and then packed for the freezer. Chili is simmering on the stove and will be for awhile yet. Meatloaf will wait till tomorrow. Roast beef became supper but for some reason didn't cook properly (me thinks it wasn't thawed all the way through) so to help out, DH slices the very rare meat and throws it in the microwave....can we say sirloin leather? Oh well, I was able to salvage the centre, cook it some more and will use the meat slicer to make beef dips another night!

• Macaroni with Tomato Sauce and Goat Cheese
  • Fried Plantains

My eldest invited me over to his place for dinner. First time since he moved out over the summer. He had ulterior motives however. He wanted meatloaf and didn't know how to make it! He called and made sure he had all the ingredients. He borrowed my baking pan and he made it with me watching so give him tips since I don't measure stuff! It came out good and we had some green beans with it. There wasn't much left after he and I and his friend got done eating. It was also funny to see him doing dishes! And complaining about his roomies not picking up after themselves! I was grinning and shaking my head the whole time since I complained about the same things about him when he lived at home!

Hey! Where did that yellow box come from?
:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

:LOL: I was like dang... check this dude out!!!! I KNEW that pizza looked familiar!!! Those are one of our favs!!!

We had some boxed meal from Macaroni's Grill where you just add the chicken. Pretty good actually. Had ciabatta bread and a small salad.

I love my wife, but I'm so bored with pasta every stinking Monday for dinner. Spaghetti, rigagtoni, shells, springs, angel hair (she calls this variety). It's all the same, stinking pasta in meat sauce (I hate ground meat in sauce, I like sausage)! I know she cooked for a family of 5 for 30 years, but this is really getting old.

Don't say "cook dinner yourself," because I do my share of the cooking around here. I would have cooked tonight, but I ended up on a job for 10 hours, and the dreaded springs drowned in sauce for who knows how long was already sitting on the table (I don't like pasta with sauce already on it. I want to put it on all by myself).

I always appreciate having dinner when I get home, (and always tell DW "thanks for making dinner,) but the words would not come tonight. I feel like a heel for not being appreciative, but I'm at the point of putting pasta on my "Never Eat Again" list. DW fed me Hamburger Helper so often when we were first married, that I have forbidden HH from ever being allowed in mt house as long as I'm alive and paying for the food. Pasta and sauce is closer to this list than anyone realizes.

Am I being unreasonable? How do I tell her I can't take another meal of pasta and sauce?

Joseph the Bored

Hey Joe I know you love your dw and appreciate her cooking the dinner for you. You can probably do the same thing my dh did with me...........just told me! I used to make meatloaf all the time for the longest time when we first got married. (it was cheap eats) Little did I know he hated meatloaf especially with tomato gravy. lol One day he just sat down with me and voiced his opinion. I was really clueless because that is how "I" always made it. Now when I make it on occasion I make a brown sauce which he and ds like better.
Does she have any idea how you feel about the meat sauce or the pasta? Maybe with her making it every Monday and noone saying anything she probably thinks you like it. I always have meatballs and sausage with our pasta cuz I know that is the only way dh will eat it. It's one of my signature dishes.
I would just sit down and talk to her about it or take something else out for dinner that night before you go to work as a hint of what you want that night. lol
Sorry, this probably didn't help much. I wish you luck my friend!

Barb

Thanks, Barb, you're absolutely right. Brown gravy with meatloaf!:LOL:

Seriously, I need to phrase this in a way that she won't beat herself up and NEVER make spaghetti again (she does that). I'll have to ponder this in the voting line today. DS said the lines were huge over at SJV where we vote. Maybe I'll take some NYT bread and spinach dip for the crowd. :LOL:

Joe

last night was take-out italian.

salads with a white wine viniagrette, chicken marsala, scungilli fra diavolo, meatballs, and spaghetti and mezzi rigati.

Thanks, Barb, you're absolutely right. Brown gravy with meatloaf!:LOL:

Seriously, I need to phrase this in a way that she won't beat herself up and NEVER make spaghetti again (she does that). I'll have to ponder this in the voting line today. DS said the lines were huge over at SJV where we vote. Maybe I'll take some NYT bread and spinach dip for the crowd. :LOL:

Joe

What happened to the NYT bread and spinach dip???? Dh, ds and I went up there at 6:30 and turned around and came home. The line was clear out in the parking lot and down the side. We were back there at 8:30. Our precinct is always the longest. We were in line for an hour.
Hope you're able to work out the spaghetti problem.

Barb

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom