Monday's dinner's fair of face. 7/29/13

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Another menu reader here. It's fun to read menus even if its places you might not ever visit. Part of enjoying Your dinner experience too.

I snared a couple good looking green peppers at the farmer's mkt this weekend. Making one into halved stuffed peppers. I think if you split them top to bottom you can pack more stuffing in than if you just remove the caps. It's a theory. It's not like I Need more food.

Also made a pot of homemade pinto beans for refried beans today. Going to freeze some of the beans. Haven't done that before. I expect they are freezeable.

And a piece of blueberry pie. Currently freezing garden picked blueberries too.

What's your recipe for watermelon Margaritas?

I'll post it in the Drinks section. Basically, I puree watermelon chunks (both the red and white parts, cut off the dark green skin) in the blender until liquified, with the juice of half a lime, maybe a bit of lemonade, and a bit of agave syrup, or whatever other sweetener you like. I keep it in a pitcher in the fridge. It's nice watermelon lemonade. You can also freeze it in ice cube trays. Then, just make it like a regular Marg, 3 parts tequila, 1 part orange liqueur of choice. Blend with ice, or frozen watermelon ice cubes, or not. We like ours on the rocks.

Last edited:
I'm trying my hand at chicken cutlets with a salad on top. Have the cutlets breaded and salad put together need to make dressing and fry up cutlets, will either mash some potatoes or roast them, stuff some mushrooms, cook some green beans. And fix some fruit to go over a pound cake.
kades

Mud Bugs & Tomato Salad
39817-albums960-picture5595.jpg

Last edited:
Christmas Soup (ham, potato's, kidney beans with some kale) with hot turkey and jack cheese on baguette bread for dipping.

Back
Top Bottom