Monday's dinner's fair of face. 7/29/13

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hadn't ordered the stove yet. I was going to go in Monday until I discovered that Pacific Sales was on a Tuesday-Saturday schedule, but I'm sure my mind being on the new gear had my attention defocused. They opened Tuesday, I bought the gear Tuesday, it got installed today and I cooked dinner using it tonight.

And it is gorgeous! I was just thinking about the gorgeous deep blue porcelain of the oven interior. Every other oven I've ever had used a grey with dark spatters porcelain finish, perhaps to hide splatters and dirt. The new oven is like gazing into the abyss! :)

Another interesting development, I have always liked white appliances. I mean, white goes on white. There is just one appliance white. Get white and all your appliances will always go together well.

The new house, it had all white appliances except a stainless steel Maytag refrigerator--a really gorgeous refrigerator--French two doors two drawers, but it didn't go with anything, didn't go with the white GE Profile cooktop, didn't go with the GE oven (both doubtless original construction), nor the white Kitchen Aid dishwasher.

Well guess who is odd man out now! Stainless fridge, stainless cooktop, stainless oven... White dishwasher, white cooktop hood (probably soon to be replaced). After getting the new hood the dishwasher will be odd man out (instead of the fridge when I bought the house) and too bad there is no good reason to replace it before it breaks. Oh well, I think dishwashers last less than 25 years and I think I'll last more than 25 years, so one day all my kitchen appliances will be stainless.

I don't think I would have ever set out with this as a goal, but sometimes you pick your fate, sometimes your fate picks you.
Greg, your dishwasher is built in, isn't it? So the only thing you see is the door, right? I had a dishwasher where I could slide a panel out of the door and turn it around to get a different colour or replace it with a different panel. Check if you have a panel like that in the door that could be replaced with stainless steel.

Greg, your dishwasher is built in, isn't it? So the only thing you see is the door, right? I had a dishwasher where I could slide a panel out of the door and turn it around to get a different colour or replace it with a different panel. Check if you have a panel like that in the door that could be replaced with stainless steel.

TL, you're one smart woman!!! :) Now that you mention it I remember I've heard of appliances that have door inserts that can be replaced. If the DW wasn't running right now I'd check the model and look it up. The washer appears to be in good condition so it will probably be with me for quite some time. I'm pretty sure this tract came with all GE appliances, so the KA indicates it's the second DW for this house (which is about 15 years old).

I'm tempted to interrupt the washing cycle but that's probably a no-no.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's still running so I haven't checked the model yet but my research indicates that at least some KA dishwashers have interchangeable front panels.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom