Monday's dinner's fair of face. 7/29/13

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dawgluver

Chef Extraordinaire
Last edited:
Since today is still part of my weekend, I'm cooking up PowerPlantOp's No Mayo Potato Salad, served with chilled Salmon. Fresh cherries for dessert.

Yum!

:LOL: Beer and Wind. :LOL:

Are you having the beans?

Looks lovely!

Last edited:
Going out to eat here

Dinner Menu | Dragonfly Cafe & Bakery | Taos, New Mexico

with my newly arrived, soon to be next door neighbor, after we both get our houses built.

I notice at the bottom of the menu it states, Beer and Wind available. I'm thinking we should go for the outdoor seating?;)

Seriously considering the pizza, despite the unique offerings.:yum:

Looks wonderful, Beth! I would be tempted by the smoked trout or stuffed poblano. I love little local places. Have fun.

I am about out of gas in terms of cooking. I've hosted major dinners from Thursday til now and I'm tired. I think maybe we will do pizzas, and clean out the fridge. We have some pulled pork, grilled steak and chicken left and I'll make a pot of quinoa to go with. That's about all I have the energy for.

Thanks Alix! (psst, maybe someone can start tomorrow's thread with Tuesday's dinner's full of grace, and so on...)

Last edited:
I was thinking that same thing. I'm just wondering how many of us remember the whole verse. Dibs out on Wednesday! ;)

I've made up a pot of baby lima beans with lots of smoked turkey neck meat, and I'm heating up the oven now for cornbread.

Not sure just yet. I'm thinking wings and butter noodles with salads. I have some "homemade" noodles (I didn't make them but they are local made) that I think will be nice.

I was thinking that same thing. I'm just wondering how many of us remember the whole verse. Dibs out on Wednesday! ;)

Mondays Child

Mondays child is fair of face,
Tuesdays child is full of grace,
Wednesdays child is full of woe,
Thursdays child has far to go,
Fridays child is loving and giving,
Saturdays child works hard for his living,
And the child that is born on the Sabbath day
Is bonny and blithe, and good and gay.

I'm good until Sunday's child since the rhyme suddenly departs from the established meter and rhyming pattern. Just to trip us up! BTW, you do know we can cheat and find it online, right? ;)

I'm going to use a fine amount of the romaine lettuce I have in the fridge, probably top it with sliced salad olives, fresh mushroom slices, thin slices of fresh mozz cheese and tomatoes. I'm frying up a pan of Italian chicken sausage chunks with green and red peppers and onion. Maybe throw in some slices of potatoes. :yum: Yeah, potatoes too.

Washed up a peach, some cherries and blueberries. I'll cut the peach and cherries up and mix it all together for dessert, adding a bit of vanilla frozen yogurt on top. Maybe start dinner with dessert first. Once you pass 60 it should probably be "dessert first". :LOL:

I'm good until Sunday's child since the rhyme suddenly departs from the established meter and rhyming pattern. Just to trip us up! BTW, you do know we can cheat and find it online, right? ;)

But that would make you a cheater! No one here EVER cheats. ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom