Monday's supper June 25, 2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Running out to a meeting tonight so it'll be leftover smoked chicken and a few fresh veggies. Or maybe a chicken sandwich. Or a chicken quesadilla.

It is 95 degrees F and our A/C is still not fixed, so I don't want anything that heats the house up too much. I'm thinking of cooking up some hamburger patties and serving them with some vegetables, and some cottage cheese if we have it. I wish I had made the 4-bean salad I had thought about making, or the cold pickled beets. My friend has never had bean salad though, so I will probably make that to bring over there later in the week.

Grilled some steaks and some red potatoes to make grilled potato salad.

I was on my own tonight, so I had a mystery steak from "that cow" with mushrooms and tomato and cucumber salad.

Leftover black bean wild rice soup. And a couple of Lindor dark chocolate truffles.

Last edited:
We had a rotisserie chicken that I picked up from Costco on the way home from my son's baseball game. On the side we had roasted red potatoes, and sliced cukes and tomatoes.

Spaghetti and meatballs, garlic bread and salad delivered from Pizza Factory. :innocent: Busy day today - I was tired and hungry, plus the kitchen was all clean. :)

Linguini and Pesto Genovese, fortified with toasted ground walnuts, and a romaine lettuce salad with grated Pecorino and an EVOO, lemon juice, garlic & oregano dressing; washed down with Duboeuf cuvee rouge.

Pasta with the last of last year's pesto from the freezer. Had to do it because this years basil crop is coming up gangbusters, so will be needing to make more pesto.

OK, someone has to be the ignorant one. What is frikadellen?

Pasta with the last of last year's pesto from the freezer. Had to do it because this years basil crop is coming up gangbusters, so will be needing to make more pesto.

OK, someone has to be the ignorant one. What is frikadellen?
Fried flattened German meatball- ground meat+egg+bread+onion and perhaps some marjoram.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom