More fun food for lunch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salt and pepper

Executive Chef
Turkey, swiss,spinach,tomato,avocado.

img_1430107_0_bcb4474abd081e5607de4d7d2e81744b.jpg

salt and pepper...I am always curious to know if it is your own design or not. Last time I asked you said it wasn't.
Is the same true this time?

Did you play with your food as a child?

Beautiful. :clap:

I would feel guilty eating it.
But I would because it looks tasty. :pig:
I could live with the guilt. ;)
Creative beat me to it.

Did you play with your food as a child?

Another winner, S&P. Himself said you should open a restaurant just for "kids". He didn't qualify it with how old a kid could be. :cool:

CG, Being a kid isn't about age. It's a state of mind. :whistling

Zagut - Since you missed my point, allow me to explain.

My question about whether he played with food as a child is about did he show such creativity that early on. (In this I am assuming this is his design - the last one wasn't). I love the fun of it but there is a difference between inventing and copying, that's all.

Does it really matter, creative? :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one here who enjoys salt and pepper's fun foods threads. You've challenged him twice now on whether or not it was his own creation. Can't you just enjoy a fun thread for what it is?

Does it really matter, creative? :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one here who enjoys salt and pepper's fun foods threads. You've challenged him twice now on whether or not it was his own creation. Can't you just enjoy a fun thread for what it is?
It would seem that you didn't read my post well...I said it was fun. I admire creativity (hence my name) but of course it doesn't matter (ha not as if I am losing sleep here) ....I am just curious! Is that allowed???

I am sorry you regard it as me challenging him. That is a rather extreme interpretation. It's not a confrontation, it's a question from someone who enjoys the inventive process. Perhaps you do not understand this. I suppose ultimately I would be more impressed if he invented the design but that is my perspective as an artist.

Last edited:
I agree with your initial reaction, Cheryl. Creative's post came across as a bit judgmental rather than appreciative,and her second post confirmed that.

Joey's lunch pictures are cute and fun. I don't think he's trying to impress anyone.

I'm all for the fun thread
icon_cheers.png
and said so - obviously overlooked. Oh dear, never mind! :rolleyes:

(Perhaps it would take an artist to understand what I was asking).

Thanks for the link, KL! I've been wanting to find it for a long time.

These are amazing and funny.

OK, so I did play with food when I was young. Some of my food is my own and some is not. I just like food! If it looks good, it taste's good.

I'm all for the fun thread
icon_cheers.png
and said so - obviously overlooked. Oh dear, never mind! :rolleyes:

(Perhaps it would take an artist to understand what I was asking).

Not overlooked - it wasn't in your initial post. You might consider that there's something off-putting about the way you questioned him rather than concluding that non-artists couldn't POSSIBLY understand you. It's also a little off-putting that you assume the rest of us aren't artistic.

Last edited:
Not overlooked - it wasn't in your initial post. You might consider that there's something off-putting about the way you questioned him rather than concluding that non-artists couldn't POSSIBLY understand you. It's also a little off-putting that you assume the rest of us aren't artistic.
It was just a question of curiosity (the reason for it evidently still escapes you, from the content of this post - which is why I surmised maybe you needed to be an artist to get my point). The one, single question was not loaded or sinister in any shape or form.

I am sorry you misunderstood me so badly.

Last edited:
OK, so I did play with food when I was young. Some of my food is my own and some is not. I just like food! If it looks good, it taste's good.
Thanks! :)

I am sorry that this thread has taken on an unexpected, somewhat personal attack on myself but I am used to it from certain members here (as are others). It would be nice to keep this thread light/well intended so if mods are reading this, perhaps some deleting of posts would be in order?

Yes I love food too...a bit too much...er, it shows!
dontlaugh.gif

Thank you for posting the fun photo!
starsds.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom