Most Expensive Restaurant Meal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The equivalent of $35 for a basic salad in Nice, France. We were tired after traveling on the fast train from Paris after being up all night the night before and were hungry and didn't care.

You didn't say it had to be a great restaurant meal, right?

There was a place in Dallas that is no longer there - Ports O' Call - back in 1968 ... took my frist x-wife there to propose ... cost $150 back then ... bringing it forward with the inflation calculator that would be about $900 today!!!

And, that didn't include tip and divorce attorney fees ...

The divorce attourny fees would bring it up to $10,000!:)
Wow, thanks for all your responses!

For two, my DW and I had our anniversary dinner at the Blue Hippo in Norfolk, VA - about $100 for an appetizer and two entrees, no wine or alcohol. For just me, about $65 at Mesa Grill in NY, NY. That was a great experience - excellent food, great service.

11 years ago, I went on a "working" vacation with a relative, stopping at places to visit other relatives, and ending up in NO, LA, where my sister was attending Tulane University. I was supposed to pack up her belongings and bring her home for the summer. One night, the three of us went to Court of Two Sisters. The tab, for three meals, no alcohol, tip, and cookbook, came up to $160. It was worth it!

Back
Top Bottom