"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Old 04-26-2007, 07:12 PM   #1
Assistant Cook
Most Expensive Restaurant Meal

What's the most expensive restaurant meal you've ever eaten--and was it worth it?
A few years ago, my brother in law treated us to Ruth Chris Steak House. The tab came to $300, for six of us. I had lamb. Was it worth it? Yes, it was very good. And I didn't have to pay for it!
The most expensive meal I did pay for was in London. My girlfriend and I went to a restaurant whose name I've forgotten. (It's a chain, I remember.) Our meal came to 60 pounds, roughly $100. Again, I had lamb. Yes, that was worth it.

dougiezerts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 07:14 PM   #2
Executive Chef
Nicholas, Red Bank, NJ. $550 for 3 people.

Jeekinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 07:15 PM   #3
Head Chef
I take my husband to Boca, a small place in Cincnnati every year for his birthday. Last year our bill was $275 for two, including a modest bottle of red wine.
Toots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 07:21 PM   #4
Head Chef
$9 (don't ask, okay)
"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --- Thomas Edison
StirBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 08:41 PM   #5
Head Chef
It was a work related dinner at Mortons. There were 9 of us and the bill was 1200 dollars.
Yakuta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 08:55 PM   #6
Master Chef
Our breakfast at Brennens, in New Orleans, was $120 for the two of us, plus drinks and tips. That'$ been about 12 year$ ago.
In '85, we ate at a French restaurant in Chicago at the top of a skyscraper that looked out over Lake Michigan...Tower Point Club? That meal was well over $100, and we didn't have any drinks, except the complimentary glass of wine that came with the meal.
We went with friends to a local gourmet restaurant about 10 years ago, and for the four of us, the bill was well over $300.
We get by with a little help from our friends
Constance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 10:24 PM   #7
Assistant Cook
In Cebu Philippines we had a meal for 12 people. hokaido crabs, abalone sashimi in its shell, Kobe beef staeak and Fugu (puffer fish) three ways (sashimi, grilled tail, boiled intestines, boile innards and stew with soba noodles). Japanese honey dew melons. it cost us 3,000.oo dollors. The ingredients were flown in from tokyo and prepared upon our request. The chef is japanese. was it good??? well the puffer fish while being dangerous to eat and the chef needs a license to prepare it was really overated. The kobe beef is spectacular and the japanese Honey dew Melons are really out of this world.
ponchit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 10:39 PM   #8
Head Chef
dinner date at mortons, with champagne and wine it was around 1000
3..2..1.. HUSTLE! HUSTLE!
Mylegsbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 11:26 PM   #9
Dinner where I proposed to my second wife, almost cost me my soul and my sanity!
More of what does not work will not work.
I'm not a chef but my smilie is!
Michael Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 11:46 PM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
Originally Posted by Michael Cook
Dinner where I proposed to my second wife, almost cost me my soul and my sanity!
Game over - you win!

Dominique's in DC area - 6 of us - roughly 1988 - $1800...and that was supposedly a deal as one of the girls with us "knew" the/one of the owners.

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote