Mother's Day Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chicks

Senior Cook
I had my mother, her husband and my favorite aunt over for dinner tonight. They loved dinner and it was a pretty easy fix.
Chicken and leek casserole over red rice, asparagus tossed in lemon butter, cornmuffins with orange butter and for dessert blueberry and mango shortcakes with lemon and thyme biscuits. Couldn't have done it WO DH's help cleaning the house.
C

That sounds awesome!
I did an Herb roasted chicken, served with honey almond green beans and roast new potatoes.
For Dessert I did brown butter caramel apple cakes.
Everything turned out awesome! Who else had a great menu for there mothers day?

That sounds awesome!
I did an Herb roasted chicken, served with honey almond green beans and roast new potatoes.
For Dessert I did brown butter caramel apple cakes.
Everything turned out awesome! Who else had a great menu for there mothers day?

I cooked my mother and myself, Shrimp with Cocktail sauce (for my mother), Porter House Steak, Saluted Mushrooms, Baked Potato and a Mexican Veggie side dish. Ice cream was for dessert, but we were too full to eat any.:chef:

My girls took me and the grand babies to Elephant Bar for brunch. We started with a sprakling wine with mango and orange and appys of bruschetta,coconut shrimp, beer batter chicken and hot artichoke dip and corn tortilla chips. I had a crab appy packed into a ramekin then unmolded on the plate first diced avocado,crab mixed with diced mangos,and cucumbers, then topped with diced tomatoe..around the plate was a sweet pesto and also some diced pineapple...Fantastic and wonderful... Later mu youngest, her husband,Ethan and Olivia came home with me and we grilled a marinated flank steak, had orzo with onions, garlic and mushrooms, a green salad with the works, a platter of watermelon, strawberries, bananas, apples and wonderful french rolls the men made huge sammies with the meat and salad all on the rolls:LOL: Ice cream for dessert..It was a wonderful day.
kades

You folks ate well! We catered Brunch ( two seatings) at a local winery. We had a simple pasta with cherry tomatoes, bocconcini, and leftover sliced grilled veg .

This was Birthday/Mother's Day Week-end at my house...DW birthday was Saturday...We went out shopping and to eat...Mother's day (noon) was down home...Chied Fricken Wangs, Peas, Boiled Okra, Squash/Onions, Slices of cold Vidalia Onions, and Corn Bread...Tonight there will be more celebration as the whole gang will be here...Whew!! Lots of celebrating...All I can say is..My Birthday and Father's Day is coming soon!!!:LOL:

I made Chinese. Eggrolls and cream cheese puffs, wanton soup, sweet and sour chicken ( La choy recipe, supper easy) and fried rice. Though everybody loved it it really was a diner for my son more than anybody else. In a few weeks he leaves for camp and that in the atumn he is going away for school. I miss him already.

had my adult kids here for the afternoon. i had a fruit tray, fresh fruit, with a semi sweet dip. cream cheese and marshmallow fluff.

a veggie dip .....egg salad dip, huge shrimp salad, had a oriental dressing. also did chocolate dip but cooked to long it turned to fudge. we had some bubbly . no drinkers had ice tea.

for dessert i made an apricot nectar cake. sent all the leftovers with the kids.

it was a wonderful mothers day.

Cold cut platter: salami, ham, bologna, pepperoni, provolone, american and swiss.

cheese platter: brie, danish blue, gouda, smoked gouda, port wine cheeses.

green olives, black olives, pickles, lettuce, tomatoes, red onion, mayo and mac salad.

french bread, ponnel bread, ritz crackers, wheat thins, triscuits and stoned wheat thins.

My beloved made country-fried steak, personally pounded out of round steak and breaded by him, homemade gravy, mashed potatoes and peas. (I gotta have peas with my mashed taties!)
My daughter brought me a double-chocolate pie for dessert. Yum Yum!

My beloved made country-fried steak, personally pounded out of round steak and breaded by him, homemade gravy, mashed potatoes and peas. (I gotta have peas with my mashed taties!)
My daughter brought me a double-chocolate pie for dessert. Yum Yum!
Emmm that sounds so good Connie..I love peas with my mashed potatoes too:LOL: Whole gang thinks I'm goofey and I'm not telling just how good it tastes..
kades

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom