"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 05-13-2007, 09:15 AM   #1
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.
Wink Mothers Day dinner - Sunday, May 13

This Mom is Cookin' ! (by choice), I put in an 8 lb. pork shoulder in the oven this morning, with a dry rub, it will cook 8 hrs. at 250'. I made deviled eggs, potato and macaroni salads yesterday. Baking some baked beans too. Cherry/cake dessert w/ice cream.
Have a great day all ! Barb L.

Old 05-13-2007, 10:08 AM   #2
Assistant Cook

Tonight was the first real meal I tried cooking by myself as I am new to it all. Since I bought my first house this year I have taking an interest in cooking.

Tonight for mother's day I made a pasta dish with slow cooked red and yellow peppers with cherry tomatoes, italian sausage, red onion, garlic, parsley and balsamic vinegar.

I was pretty happy for my first proper meal. My mother was also impressed so that was good.

Old 05-13-2007, 10:15 AM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Congratulations, dispute! Sounds like a delightful meal. I'm sure your mother was proud of you.

Another "cooking by choice" here, but easy cooking. Took the huge leftover corned beef and sauce from the freezer. Will simmer some fresh cabbage wedges in the sauce nice and long, put the beef in near the end to heat up good and have mashed taters along with.

I don't know if we'll have dessert. We'll be pretty full after we've finished our "soul" food dinner. I LOOOOVE corned beef and cabbage. Guess it's the Irish in me.
Old 05-13-2007, 10:23 AM   #4
Executive Chef

Dispute! Good for you! It's real easy once you get in the kitchen and start! Happy that it turned out so well for you .

I'm being taken out for my meal. It's a special friend of mine who is doing the taking and I personally can't wait. Don't know what it'll be or where, but it's sure to be a time of good conversation, good food, and wonderful memory sharing which'll be my favorite part!

Happy Mother's Day to all those blessed mommy's out there!
Old 05-13-2007, 11:11 AM   #5
Head Chef

We are visiting my mom later today. My step dad is doing the cooking. At this time, I'm not entirely sure what he is making. I"ll post later and let everyone know. I'm not cooking a thing today.
Old 05-13-2007, 11:12 AM   #6
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by dispute
Tonight was the first real meal I tried cooking by myself as I am new to it all. Since I bought my first house this year I have taking an interest in cooking.
Cool. Sounds pretty fancy to me.
Old 05-13-2007, 11:17 AM   #7
Sous Chef

havn't decided what i'll cook tonight. she may want to BBQ fish. hmmmmmm

Live Strong
SurvivorGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 11:19 AM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire

This Ma is being treated to a Tea at the local Victorian Mansion at noon. Then we are going to the cemetary to bring mom some flowers and just be together for a time. This evening My DH and my daughters DH's and the kids are going to a favortie Chinese place and have dinner. I had planned to do the usual family sunday but the "boys" insisted we go out for a change, and really it sounds pretty darn good.
To all you wonderful mom's, I wish you all a happy, peaceful , love filled Mothers Day.
kadesma
Old 05-13-2007, 11:53 AM   #9
Senior Cook

I made macaroni and cheese yesterday for the grandlkids. I also am trying a do ahead risotto dish - partially cooked it yesterday and it's in the fridge on a sheet pan now waiting for me to finish. It's from Michael C. (can't spell) cookbook, he's on the food net work. My son is bringing main course - fresh fish and he will cook on the grill. The daughtes are doing the rest - Oh and I have asparagus too.
Old 05-13-2007, 12:22 PM   #10
Head Chef

Send a message via MSN to Caine
I think I am just going to throw a steak on the barbie. Sides will be those ridiculous looking au gratin potatoes that Omaha Steaks sent me with my order, some corn on the cob, steamed, and a nice mixed baby greens salad with honey dijon dressing. Or maybe I'll mix up a small batch of my world famous southwest caesar dressing.