Mother's Day Meals - May 13th, 2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Happy Morther's Day !!

Jr's came over this afternoon after brunch at GF's this am. We made burgers and hot dogs. I made potato salad, green salad and home made strawberry and raspberry shortcake. The raspberries were the most flavorful. I didn't think Jr would be very hungry, but he polished off a lot.

I also helped the Mom plant a few (more) annuals she picked up this week. this week. It was a great day to spend in the back yard and with our family.

Started the day with eggs benedict but replaced the bacon with avacado slices. I nice champagne from barefoot vineyards.

Lunch was some deli wraps before we hiked to a mountain resevoir.

We stopped at a mountain winery that is also a concert venue on our way home to do some wine tasting.

Dinner is a homemade pot pie with herb beschemel and the Zinfandel from the winery.

I'm having oatmeal, my stomach is not feeling good tonight.

Called my Mom, she had a good day, it was just her and Dad and he took her to a new buffet they wanted to try. The grandkids had gone to Denver for the weekend to visit their other Grandma for Mother's Day. Since they all live at Mom and Dad's it was a nice break for Mom.

Glad all's well with the 'rents, PF, hope your tummy feels better soon!

DH had grad reception food, I had leftover pasta.

Salad, Challah, Beef brisket in beer w/ onions, baby carrots, and parsnips,
Red velvet cake from the bakery. I made coffee ice cream tiramisu, put it in the freezer, and forgot all about it. :ermm:

My DS used to work at a Japanese Hibachi steak house as a chef. He works there on holidays sometimes and he was working today so we went and he cooked for us and his girlfriend's family. It was fun but I'm stuffed with fried rice, filet mignon, lobster tail, shrimps and salads.

I had hospital food for Mothers' Day. Scrambled eggs, grits, English Muffin, milk, and coffee for breakfast. Roast beef, roasted red potato chunks, cooked carrots, iced tea, and 2 sugar-free cookies for lunch (lunch was delicious!). For supper, spaghetti, green beans, Sprite Zero, and 2 canned peach halves.

I had hospital food for Mothers' Day. Scrambled eggs, grits, English Muffin, milk, and coffee for breakfast. Roast beef, roasted red potato chunks, cooked carrots, iced tea, and 2 sugar-free cookies for lunch (lunch was delicious!). For supper, spaghetti, green beans, Sprite Zero, and 2 canned peach halves.

WHY did you have hospital food for Mother's Day???:ermm:

Since the weather was supposed to be crummy for Mothers Day & I wanted to grill turkey burgers outside, we did that on Saturday, which was lovely.

So yesterday, since the market had lovely large fresh flounder filets, I bought 4 & "stuffed" them (two on the bottom & two on top) with a simple crabmeat stuffing - lump crabmeat, chopped sweet onion & garlic sauteed in a little extra-virgin olive oil, chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley, fresh lemon juice, & a couple of dashes of dry Italian seasoned breadcrumbs. Dotted with butter & baked at 400 degrees for 25 minutes. Served with a big green salad. Delicious, & there's enough left over to toss with pasta for another meal.

I am sorry to hear that I am not the only one that spent Mother's Day in the hospital. I just got home yesterday. I am now a Bionic Woman. I have a new addition to my heart appliances. I have a Defibrillator. :ohmy:

I am sorry to hear that I am not the only one that spent Mother's Day in the hospital. I just got home yesterday. I am now a Bionic Woman. I have a new addition to my heart appliances. I have a Defibrillator. :ohmy:

How are you feeling? So sorry to hear that Patty, but glad you are okay.

PattY1 said:

What???

Oh crap, Patty. So sorry to hear this, but so happy to hear from you now! Hope your bionicness works out!

I don't feel bad, since I got home a had a good nights sleep, except for the mussels on my chest and shoulder are sore. At least this time I can use my right arm.

I don't feel bad, since I got home a had a good nights sleep, except for the mussels on my chest and shoulder are sore. At least this time I can use my right arm.

Just don't start asking people if they want to see something shocking...:rolleyes:

Take it easy!

Oh Patty, I just saw this. {{{{{{{{{{Patty}}}}}}}}}}

Sorry to hear you had to be in the hospital. Sending positive thoughts & prayers your way.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom