Mother's Day Meals - May 13th, 2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steve Kroll

Wine Guy
Is anyone cooking today?

My wife's parents are coming over for dinner. We're having grilled pork chops, beet salad with walnuts & goat cheese, and oven fried fingerling potatoes. Beautiful day, so we'll probably eat out on the deck.

Mothers Day home or Out?

Are we staying in or going out for dinner?
We are going to my daughters for tri-tip, corn on the cob, deviled eggs, twice baked potatoes ala Cade:yum: blackberry cobbler, my dad's dip (avocado), salami, baguette, salsa,chips, salad of spinach,strawberries, not sure what else other daughter is bringing something what are you planning on?
Have a great day. see ya later.
kades

Still feeling poorly. Not interested in food today. I owe SO a better Mother's Day. Maybe next Sunday,

We're getting ready to head out to one of our daughter's house in the valley. There will be a bunch of mothers there. They're doing carne asada and hired a Spanish duo (guitarists/singer) for 3 hours for entertainment. One of our relatives is in the party rental business so they got everything set up in the back yard, including margarita and nacho machines....:)

Happy Mother's Day!

Steve, sounds like a wonderful meal.

Ma, enjoy your day - Happy Ma Day from me!

Andy, feel better soon. SO will appreciate the meal just as much whenever you serve it!

No Mother's Day at the Beiers - though my pups are being extra good today so maybe they know and that's there gift to me! ;). MIL is visiting her daughter and granddaughter so that will be a long distance call today and a meal later.

I think I am going to try my hand at a tuna loin I picked up. Not sure what I will do with it or sides, but I have 5 hours! :chef:

Ribs on the smoker, coleslaw, fried pickles, fried green beans, fried jalapeno slices and homemade snicker-doodles
It is ironic that my In-laws do a special restaurant Mothers day brunch every year that I always miss because I work every Sunday. This year I have today off and we aren't speaking to the in-laws

Last edited:
Mushroom Swiss burgers, potato wedges and potato salad... if I don't eat it all before dinner. I'll probably grill another onion, too.

We're getting ready to head out to one of our daughter's house in the valley. There will be a bunch of mothers there. They're doing carne asada and hired a Spanish duo (guitarists/singer) for 3 hours for entertainment. One of our relatives is in the party rental business so they got everything set up in the back yard, including margarita and nacho machines....:)

Happy Mother's Day!

wow that sounds pretty awesome!

Last edited by a moderator:
feel better soon, andy.

everyone's dinners sound so good, especially kads and roadfix's.

i had to work 13 hours last night thru this morning, and i'm working 17 hours tonight thru tomorrow for the "survivor" finale, so i didn't get to go see me ma. i sent her n edible arrangement thing and will call her later.

but i'm taking dw out for dinner to one of her favourite old places, Home - Great Dining in East Rutherford, NJ .

it's a really cool place that caters to all diets and was rated one of the best restaurants in the country one year by zagat's.

i'm jonesin' for the pasta le ruth.:pig:

I'm fixing burgers and hot dogs on the grill. Already made the potato and macaroni salads so I'll fire up the grill soon and get cookin'.

After a cloudy, coolish morning, it warmed up. We're having 1-inch thick pork chops on the grill, baked sweet potatoes and a tossed salad. A friend gave me a trash bag full of lettuce he picked out of his garden, so the salad will be awesome. Iced tea to drink and cheesecake pops for dessert.

Plans to throw a nice cut of sirloin on the grill & pop some potatoes in the oven.

My wife has been sick all day but at least dinner turn out so well. The ribs were the best I've ever done(I've made several hundred batches) and the fried green beans with the Cajun horseradish sauce was yummy

We had grilled catfish and a big tossed salad. Since I'm back at the farm, I couldn't bring the leftover rhubarb ice cream--no cooler at the house in the City and it would've turned to soup on the way. But, I did have another bowl before I left the city...yum. I can hardly wait for strawberry season...got lots of plans for strawberry ice cream...

I was grilling some chicken, when I ran out of gas. Lucky me, All but 1 piece were all cooked just fine.

Back
Top Bottom