"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 07-17-2006, 07:57 PM   #11
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by AriesGirl71
... Any suggestions would be really appreciated ...
Dump him...

Old 07-17-2006, 08:04 PM   #12
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindatooo
... I always said if I'd born a child who was a picky eater it would have starved...
Well, the you'll go to jail, and other mommies will beat you up very badly for hurting a baby.
Seriously, some how I doubt that, I have 5 kids all ecept one are good eaters. The 4 year old daughter is slowly exluding more and more things from her menu. she is not starving i cook for her specially, there is no other chice, she is not my BF, she is my child.

Old 07-17-2006, 08:42 PM   #13
Sous Chef

Send a message via AIM to Corinne
OK - you've been given lots of advice - somehow I don't think you're going to make him do without or cook for himself! ;-)

Could you tell us what things he does like? Maybe we can come up with some ideas.

I work with a few other women/young ladies. Two are both a bit younger than me. The thing about them is, they are the pickiest eaters I have ever known. When we bring stuff in for birthday parties or whatever, I like to provide things that most people will like - especially if it's their birthday. The one girl likes the following:
Bread (which includes some bagels, chocolate chip muffins, etc.)
Cheese - pretty much any kind
Bacon & Ham are the only meats
Pasta w/Alfredo sauce only
Plain cheese pizza (or white pizza w/bacon)
French Fries
Chocolate

That's about it. The other one likes the same things, along with chicken! They ain't easy to cook for, lemme tell ya!
Old 07-17-2006, 09:14 PM   #14
Sous Chef

You and your boyfriend are just like my dad and my mom. Tell him to cook something for himself if he doesn't like what you make.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:54 PM   #15
Master Chef

rice krispies would be my answer.
or asking him to take you to dinner instead.
Old 07-17-2006, 11:10 PM   #16
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by AriesGirl71
what do u do to solve it??? Any suggestions would be really appreciated!!! Thanks!!!
If he doesn't eat then your next lunch is already made. If that happens often, scale back the quantities and set the table for one. You should definitely not be "tearing you hair out" over whether or not a grown man eats his dinner.

skilletlicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 03:16 PM   #17
Cook

Send a message via MSN to AriesGirl71 Send a message via Yahoo to AriesGirl71
Thanks for the advice everyone, but easier said than done. It is a sticky situation in a way.. his theory is.. he buys the groceries, etc.. and supports me soo....

As for things he does like...
he loves ribeyes, tbones, porksteak, beef roasts, pork roasts, and ribs.. sometimes i will use dishes with hamburger.
he loves green beans, carrots, corn and peas. Has started eating cauliflower but only if it is in a salad. hates potato, macaroni and pasta salad.

I think alot of his problem stems from what all his mom fed him when he was growing up.. he hates meatloaf, baked potatoes and casseroles of any kind mainly cause that is all his mom fed him growin up. He resents his mom alot for the way she treated him ,etc.. and that he always had a babysitter making his meals.. I feel that could be part of it. It is not just me he has been like this with. His grandmother cooked his meals for awhile when he was in his 20s and he did the same thing to her. She always told him.. he could go to mcdonalds if he didn't like what was for dinner.. lol.. hmmm.. sounds great actually.. i could eat what I WANT for once.. lol.
Thanks again
Old 07-18-2006, 03:27 PM   #18
Senior Cook

This is a red flag. My soon to be ex son in law felt this way also.

"It is a sticky situation in a way.. his theory is.. he buys the groceries, etc.. and supports me soo.... "

His money may buy the groceries but it didn't buy you.
Old 07-18-2006, 03:33 PM   #19
Cook

Yea, I have a suggestion for you. Find yourself a new boyfriend. :) just kidding. Maybe you could let him do the cooking from now on.
Old 07-18-2006, 03:46 PM   #20
Head Chef

AriesGirl,
I have to tell you, your last post scares me.
Good luck

skilletlicker is offline   Reply With Quote