My first Prime Rib

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oldrustycars

Senior Cook

My first Prime Rib. I used a special Prime Rib rub I got from the Spice House, I didn't really care for it. I cooked it according to the method found on The Bratwurst Pages Home. Came out perfectly medium rare. And, it was on sale at Jewel, $6 a pound. A rare dinner with all three of my kids, so I splurged a bit.

My first Prime Rib. I used a special Prime Rib rub I got from the Spice House, I didn't really care for it. I cooked it according to the method found on The Bratwurst Pages Home. Came out perfectly medium rare. And, it was on sale at Jewel, $6 a pound. A rare dinner with all three of my kids, so I splurged a bit.
Your prime rib looks wonderful. If you don't like the rub, you might try Julia's recipe. It's just simple, rub you meat with evoo, and salt and pepper. If the meat is good it will stand on it's own. I serve with au jus with a little sharry mixed in.
kadesma

Here in the midwest, our meat is so good that evoo, salt and pepper is "usually" all I use. But everything I've purchased at the Spice House is so good I thought I'd give it a try. They mix rubs and seasonings called Milwaukee Iron that are outstanding.

LOVELY! I've made exactly one prime rib in my life. Hottest day in July and used the method where you cook so-many-minutes-per-pound at something like 500 degrees, then turn the oven off and let it finish, never opening the door.:wacko: What a mistake! Thought we'd pass out from the heat before we got to eat it! Your pics, though, make me want to try again. Winter is hitting us hard with the cold right now; it might just be the right time!

Back
Top Bottom