My food related event of the year....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hey, Ardge, I see you are back online this afternoon. At your bash next week, please have the band play "Sweet Home Chicago" for me at least once - at 12 or higher.

Baaaaaby
Baby doncha wanna go

Baaaaaby
Baby doncha wanna go

Back to that same old place
(everybody sing - real loud) SWEET HOME, CHICAGO!

I wanna be able to hear it in Virginia.

oops, i thought you said sweet home alabama, not chicago, lol.
uh oh, it's like the line from dark side of the moon "and when the band you're in starts playing a different tune, i'll see you on the dark side of the moon"...

buckytom said:
oops, i thought you said sweet home alabama, not chicago, lol.
uh oh, it's like the line from dark side of the moon "and when the band you're in starts playing a different tune, i'll see you on the dark side of the moon"...

Didn't that happen to Ashlee Simpson recently?

Sorry guys, I don't think SHC will be on the set list. We're more of a ROCK crowd.

Then again, who knows? Last year we played a Dionne Warwick medley.

Wait a minute... That was a Dio medley.

What was I thinkng?

RJ

4 years later....

The 14th Annual Pre-Thanksgiving bash is in 3 days.

Again, I am bringing my cheesecake platters. Mree (on this board) is bringing her famous stuffed baby portabellas. I will be SURE to take lots of pics and post them up here.

Get this. My cousin had shoulder surgery two weeks ago. He's kinda in a bad way, pain-wise. In order to get the hams and baked goods delivered at dinner time on time, a bunch of us went to his house today and INSTALLED A SECOND OVEN in his garage. Dean can oversee the entire operation while standing in his makeshift outdoor kitchen. Too cool. If you only knew Dean, the crazy is the is normal. Taping into a gas line and leveling off an oven was something that needed to get done in his garage to make the party go off smoothly this year. What are you gonna do if you need the space? Ask people to bake and bring? Ask the neighbors to use their ovens? Naaaaa. Go get another oven and put it in the garage. Classic!!!!

I just checked the evite. 102 people have confirmed their attendance. 44 have yet to respond. This is gonna be a big party this year. 9 deep fried turkeys. 4 hams. I'm bumping up my cheesecakes to 3 trays at 36 per tray.

I can't wait!!!!

RJ

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ARDGE}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Sounds awesome!!!!!!!!!!! Quite inventive of you guys!!!!! You wouldn't mind a few more would you?

I've been given a 5-Star Professional 5-burner oven - so............can you come install it before Thanksgiving? ;) well? :ermm:

So good to see you!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom