My Little Girl Loves Steel Cut Oats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GB

Chief Eating Officer
My mom was babysitting the other day and was eating a bowl of steel cut oatmeal while she was feeding Rachel her breakfast. Rach was more interested in what Grandma was eating so Grandma gave her a taste. Well that was it. Rachel wanted nothing to do with any other food other than those oats. So Grandma bought some more for us to take home.

DW made them for Rachel the other morning and Rachel devoured them. Once they were gone she picked up the bowl and literally licked it clean :mrgreen:

So far she has great taste in food. She loved her daddys cooking. The only thing she is not crazy about is ground beef. I can live with that :)

VickiQ said:
How cute DB!!I hope you got pictures!!!!
My wife is scared to use my camera for fear of damaging it so she didn't take any pictures, but she did shoot some video of it. Maybe I can get a screen shot from that.

GB This brought back memories of when my daughter was 2 and discovered Pumpkin Pie-she still LOVES pumpkin pie-not too much else though:(

Thanks for sharing GB! Would love to see if you can get a screen shot from the video! Show your wife how to use the camera so we can see some pictures! How cute - you are a loving daddy!

Oh she knows how to use it Michele, she is just scared of breaking it. She lost the lens cap to my last camera and they do not make lens caps that size anymore. She is terrified that she will drop this one or scratch the lens or something like that. It is a very expensive camera so so doesn't want to take any chances.

jkath being a daddy is the best job I have ever or will ever have!!!

GB - I used to watch a little girl who preferred her steel cut oats raw - CAN YOU IMAGINE????????? She also liked a hunk of Parmesan cheese and she loved anything with garlic in it.

Yep, you've got a budding foodie on your hands!!

Steel Cut

I have always wanted to try steel cut oatmeal but I can't any in my area. Can anyone direct me to a web site where I might be able to purchase some. I really LOVE oatmeal I eat it every morning.

I buy my Johnny McCann steel cut oats at Trader Joes.
They sell the regular and quick cooking. The regular has that wonderful texture and flavor. I think that's what I'll make for breakfast, tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom