My trip to Israel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No, very little sleep. We woke up at 6am and worked until 8 or 9 every night. After work they would take us out for dinner and then some sight seeing. We would get back to the hotel very late at night and then wake up early the next morning and do it all over again. Then on my days off I had my tours and those picked me up at the hotel earlier than we left during the week for the office. I forgot what sleep was :LOL:

I forgot to mention that on St. Pattys day we went out for Mexican food. It was very odd eating Mexican food in Israel on an Irish holiday. Talk about clashing cultures. I had one of the best margaritas of my life that night though. I am sure the lime was plucked off a tree out back. Then we found an Irish pub in Tel Aviv. The place was hopping. It took us over a half hour just to get to the bar to order. Everyone was spilled out into the middle of the street and there was a live band playing Irish music. It was great!

Well GB....The cat is out of the bag! I've been very quite on the "Going to Israel" and now the "I'm back" threads....This afternoon my DW sat down at my desk, and saw the thread...She said...What's this??? You've been hiding this from me huh???:ermm::LOL: You see she wants to go to Israel big time! Talks about it from time to time (all the time)Want's us to go etc...I keep putting her off...Ahmmmm maybe next year hon...:rolleyes: Anyway if (when) you go back maybe you can help me out...She is a very petite little lady...Maybe she could fit in your carry on?? I sure would appreciate old buddy...old friend! ;)

I would be happy to take Mrs UB! You should listen to your smart wife though and take her on the trip of her life. It is an amazing place to see. There is something for everyone. You would not be sorry!

Oh and the one question I always get when people here I was going to just came back was about safety. People always want to know if you feel save or if it was dangerous etc. Well I can honestly say I have never felt safer. I would walk the streets of Tel Aviv late at night and there would be couples in their 80's or older walinghand in hand, young kids (acting respectful, not punks),people my age and everyone in between. I saw nothing to be scared of and felt completely safe all the time. Everywhere I went was well lit and there were plenty of police around, but not in your face. I feel more nervous walking around parts of Boston than I did in Israel.

Well,that idea just went out the window...She says when she goes, she's going first class.... not in carry on luggage...She glared and said..Nice try buddy!! :LOL: She will enjoy the pictures! Thanks for sharing a great trip!!!

Back
Top Bottom