Name something unusual you ate while travelling. Would you eat that again?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sea cucumber - it was a gray, jelly-like, bland substance. I thought it was some sort of vegetable processed in a way I didn't understand. Then I looked it up. There are other names for sea cucumbers. One is sea rat, another is sea slug. I'm glad I didn't know at the time.

I ate a live oystar kind-of-thing when I was in spain... yes it was still alive and moving. Someone bet me 50 Euroes i wouldn't eat it, so i took the bet on, and won the 50 euroes lol. But i wouldn't do it again... it was disgusting haha. :P

I was on a cruise and ordered something and didnt know what it was, but figured hey why not try it. Well I tasted it and made this awful face and the waiter asked me if I didnt like it and I told him it tasted like (butt). He laughed and said he agreed with me but it was some weird animal liver made into a liquid with ice creme. It was so NASTY. I dont remember what animal though

Scotland-haggis (loved it)
Jamaica- goat (loved it)
Grandma's kitchen- blood sausage, make mine crispy (loved it)
Alaska-all the seafood, especially the razor neck clams ( loved it)
Canada, Saskachewan- pizza with shrimp and pineapple (loved it)
Benihana's Alaska-squid (good! it was tender and not over cooked)
Up the road at a friend's - beaver roasted (really not bad at all, would eat that again)
There are still so many things I want to try, seems like my list only gets longer as time goes on.

Oh, blissful, I miss blood sausage. It's one of my favorites. Love it crispy, too.

As for unusual, I don't really have any. However, I'd have to say "misunderstood" would have to be the closest.

Many years ago when I was traveling in Europe, the breakfast card I had to fill out at one inn/hotel had beverage selections, with an "other" as a choice.

It was cold weather, so I wrote in "hot chocolate."

They took me at my word. In the morning, I had a cup of melted chocolate. Thick, sweet and good. A bit too much for early in the morning, though.

Hmmmm.....I don't travel to much, but I went to the Bahamas way back in the day when I was like 10-12 years old. I went to a restaurant with my brother, there was 4 things on the menu: Conch; Conch; Conch; and Chicken. They were out of chicken. lol So we ordered the conch. Wasn't anything to write home about.

Conch%20Playa%20Flamenco%20500px.jpg

well it wasn't when i was travelling, but my dad grew up on the farm and had an unusual cut of beef, we had cow tounge for dinner. i think i would probably eat it again just as long as i didn't know what it was. :)

Azores, Portugal - pronounced " la pish" some type of sea critter. Flatish, roundish textured shell. You ate them by scraping them off the shell. I didn't know they were alive until I ate one and after that they poked one with a finger and I saw little "legs" all around. Afterwards, I imagined I felt it walking around in my stomach.

Azores, Portugal - pronounced " la pish" some type of sea critter. Flatish, roundish textured shell. You ate them by scraping them off the shell. I didn't know they were alive until I ate one and after that they poked one with a finger and I saw little "legs" all around. Afterwards, I imagined I felt it walking around in my stomach.
:LOL: okay, that was funny, I'd probably feel the same way. I don't think I could eat that.

Back
Top Bottom