National Bologna Day Dinner - 10/24/018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sounds good, tenspeed. :yum:

I've been craving Egg Foo Young with soy sauce gravy, so that'll be what's for dinner. The only thing I needed was some fresh bean sprouts and since I needed milk anyway, I made a run to the store this morning for the sprouts. Steamed asparagus for a side.

Store bought pizza, always a couple in the freezer for days when I don't feel like cooking. $5 cheap as chips.

Russ

Casey, Cheryl, you two made me laugh!

BOLOGNA!!! I LOVE the stuff and I was just thinking about
a bologna sandwich on store bought white bread!!! :yum:
Growing up, I never had sandwiches, so I indulge DH and
myself as often as I feel necessary. :LOL:

001.jpg

002.jpg

I tried my "Baking Mat" for a second time...

christmas gifts.jpg

Hmmm, I'm still not convinced on this produce.

I coated, very lightly, the B/S Chicken thigh meat in a
seasoning mix that I brought back from Hawaii and gave
each piece a very light spray of vegetable oil to crisp with ...
NOPE!
Soggy and nasty! Terrible texture!

Back to square one with this new kitchen toy ...

Oh well, there's always Jello and Whipped Cream for dessert :yum:

No bologna today. I've been told I am already full of it. :rolleyes:

I still have jalepeños in the garden, so I took a few, stuffed with cheddar, breaded them and fried them. I am still looking for the top of my head.

My late season japs are always hot, and these were scorchers. I had to turn on the AC, I was sweating so bad.

On the plus side, they had good flavor, but they put a hurt on me.

CD

Used up the last of my homegrown grape tomatoes and peppers (not as hot as CD's japs!) in spaghetti, and second-to-last homegrown apple slices dipped in honey.

Last edited:
We went out tonight. Well, dinner out was part of our errand running, which I try to schedule for Wednesday's since we don't have anything we like to watch on TV that night. We haven't had meals at our favorite Irish pub for a few years, since we mostly stop in to share a "Brendan's Now Famous Potato Pizza" and down a pint apiece (Imperial pint, please). Tonight we shared a bowl of their clam chowder, then each ordered a beef and mushroom Guiness pie - forgetting that they are accurate when they call it "enormous". :ermm: We shared one, then brought the second one home for leftovers later this week. :yum: So nice, we'll have it twice.

A simple, old stand by baked chicken meal using swiss cheese, cream of mushroom soup, white wine, butter, and cubed dry stuffing mix, served with egg noodles and steamed broccoli.

No bologna today. I've been told I am already full of it. :rolleyes:

I still have jalepeños in the garden, so I took a few, stuffed with cheddar, breaded them and fried them. I am still looking for the top of my head.

My late season japs are always hot, and these were scorchers. I had to turn on the AC, I was sweating so bad.

On the plus side, they had good flavor, but they put a hurt on me.

CD

I just pulled up the remaining pepper plants and had a bag full of Serrano and Jalapeño.
And like yours they are extra hot. Do you char and remove the skin from the Jalapenos before making poppers? I wanted to make some but did not want to go through the process of blackening and removing skins.

I like fried bologna. Thick cut, fried to death on nice toasted sandwich bun with lettuce tomato and mayo. Oh....Don't forget the cheese melted on top of the bologna.

I just pulled up the remaining pepper plants and had a bag full of Serrano and Jalapeño.
And like yours they are extra hot. Do you char and remove the skin from the Jalapenos before making poppers? I wanted to make some but did not want to go through the process of blackening and removing skins.

Craig just leaves the peppers raw, cleans them out of course, fills, then cooks on the grill usually. He got a pepper rack where you drop in the whole japs and they stand up while they cook.

I don't roast and peel jalapeños for "poppers." I roast and peel peppers if I plan to batter them.

I use a basic wet-dry process with bread crumbs. One trick is to make sure the peppers are room temperature. Don't try to bread them right out of the fridge. The cold peppers "sweat" in a warm room, and your stuff falls off.

CD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom