National Bologna Day -- October 24, 2017 -- Wassup?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

caseydog

Master Chef
Bologna sausage, sometimes phonetically spelled as baloney, boloney or polony, is a sausage derived from the Italian mortadella, a similar looking finely ground pork sausage containing cubes of lard, originally from the Italian city of Bologna.

I had a sandwich for lunch, but no bologna. I got some nice fruit today, for this time of year. So, I'm thinking fruits, cheese and nuts tonight.

CD

Last edited:
Love some fried bologna... :yum:

Had a honey/balsamic beef stew today.. Toasted some Francese rolls to sop up the juices..

Pumpkin pie for later..

Ross

Attachments

• Beef Stew 004.jpg
    Beef Stew 004.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 152
I'm going as unhealthy as it gets. I've two Russet potatoes in the oven right now. After they're baked, I'll cut them in half and clean out the insides, leaving about a a quarter inch of potato in all around. Then I'm going to deep fat fry them and fill them with hamburger and cheese to make simple potato boats. One potato for supper tonight should be sufficient and I can have the other one for lunch tomorrow.

I also have to figure out what to do with the insides.

Lemon chicken - chicken tenders sauteed with shallots, white wine, and lemon juice, served over orzo, nuked broc on the side. One of Mrs. T's faves. Then again, as long as I cook, she's happy with most things that I make.

Mmm....Casey....fried baloney sandwiches. Haven't had that in a long time.

Good looking dinner, Ross. Can't wait to make a pot of stew once the weather decides it's actually cooling down. It's fickle now. :rolleyes:

RR...by now you've probably already decided on what to do with the innards of your 'tater boats, but in the future you can always mash them, mix with a little milk and freeze in ziplocks. Good addition to stews as a thickener. :chef:

This afternoon's dinner was a repeat of yesterday's - taco salad. I had some leftover cooked and seasoned ground beef and salad fixin's, and trying to clean out the fridge.

The last of the green tomato casserole, with choriso/pepper/onions on top, then added some pimento jalapeno cheese spread I made today.

In honor of Bologna Day I had a bologna sandwich for lunch.

Dinner was tacos and a margarita.

Didn't feel like cooking, so we cleaned up most of the leftovers. I had the last of the soup with a small ham&swiss sandwich; Himself had chili, plus a bit of pork and braised cabbage. Must cook tomorrow - I'm short on leftovers and have a pork roast I must use.

...I also have to figure out what to do with the (potato) insides.
Found a list of things for you. Hope something works out.

1/4" thick slice of bologna fried/browned very well. Fresh bread or roll, lettuce, tomato and mayo.
Damn good.
Reminds me to get some today at the store.

Back
Top Bottom