National Brown-Bag-It Day ~ Dinner May 25,2019

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
Well, on Oahu in Hawaii, you can find Huli Huli Chicken stands
all over, just follow your nose.
You pull up to the tent, filled with smoking billowing
and Chickens turning and the nice people will
hand you a brown bag filled with some of the
best Chicken you'll ever wrap a lip around!
We plan on going searching for some today
on our ride around the island.

What are you brown bagging?

We bought a Costco Costco chicken [emoji56] and are using it to make chicken quesadillas for tonight’s dinner.

Brown bagging it must have different meanings, depending upon where you are from. For me, it's always meant taking your lunch to work in a brown bag, as opposed to purchasing lunch out. I don't brown bag it anymore, as I'm retired. Besides, it's Saturday.

It's also National Wine Day, so this is the day I'll be celebrating.

Marinated steak tips on the grill, roasted sweet potatoes, and a garden salad. And wine.

Enchiladas here, too! :chef: :yum: I've already shredded the cheeses and chopped the cilantro, so much of the prep work is done. I'll probably have refried beans topped with salsa for a side.

Brown bagging it must have different meanings, depending upon where you are from. For me, it's always meant taking your lunch to work in a brown bag, as opposed to purchasing lunch out. I don't brown bag it anymore, as I'm retired. Besides, it's Saturday.

It's also National Wine Day, so this is the day I'll be celebrating.

Marinated steak tips on the grill, roasted sweet potatoes, and a garden salad. And wine.

Cheers! Not that I really need it to be Wine Day to imbibe. :LOL:

I'll drink to that, Cheryl!

If we don't finish up the last of the sausage-pasta-chard half-recipe I made the other day, I'll have to bag IT! :LOL: There's probably enough for the two of us without salads, so I'll just make up a relish tray that can be repurposed into salad fixings tomorrow. Plus, I'll make sure I have strawberries all cleaned up for dessert...with a bit of vanilla bean ice cream. :huh: What? It's fruit and dairy - definitely good-for-you foods. ;)

...It's also National Wine Day, so this is the day I'll be celebrating...
Wait, there's only ONE of those days a year. :ermm: Hoo-boy, am I in trouble...

Ordered out. I had a hamburger steak with fried 'shrooms and onions. It came with a baked potato. I have put that in the fridge for DH to have as a snack. He had fish and chips and cole slaw.

Well, we had first breakfast at 6:00 before starting work on DH's new shop. A friend helping treated us to a second breakfast of burritos at 10:00. Late lunch was at 2:00. So dinner tonight is pop corn with butter, brewers yeast and garlic salt, and a Netflix movie (The Thomas Crown Affair).

Enchiladas here, too! :chef: :yum: I've already shredded the cheeses and chopped the cilantro, so much of the prep work is done. I'll probably have refried beans topped with salsa for a side.

This really hit the spot. :yum: I'm stuffed. Planned leftovers for tomorrow.

Attachments

• Cheese enchilada and refried beans.jpg
    Cheese enchilada and refried beans.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 131
That looks wonderful Cheryl.

I ran out of gas after giving the stove a tear down good cleaning so it's Domino's Pizza to the rescue. Wine to the rescue too!!

Last edited:
Thanks, Kay. My range needs a good cleaning too, but I've been procrastinating....:rolleyes:
Did your Dominos pizza include pineapple? :chef::yum:

My next door neighbors provided my dinner tonight. He is from Nigeria, and she is from Shreveport, LA. They did a seafood boil today. They gave me a big plate of shrimp, crab, sausage, corn and red potatoes. Wonderfull! He handed me a plate over the fence, and I went to town. OMG, it was good summertime Southern comfort food.

CD

Well, on Oahu in Hawaii, you can find Huli Huli Chicken stands
all over, just follow your nose.
You pull up to the tent, filled with smoking billowing
and Chickens turning and the nice people will
hand you a brown bag filled with some of the
best Chicken you'll ever wrap a lip around!
We plan on going searching for some today
on our ride around the island.

What are you brown bagging?

As we made our way around the Island today,

https://www.foodnetwork.com/videos/rotisserie-chicken-oahu-style-0226348
[as seen on FoodNetwork]

we stopped in Kahuku and got Mike's Huli Chicken
(they moved from Kahaluu)
DH's plate is the first one, he has Ahi & Tako Poke on his one too, minez one is just Huli, Rice and Japanese Cucs with Mike's dipping sauce.
Um, well, not so much.
Lots of vinegar and on the spicy side, it did not pair well with the Chicken, sorry Mike. ?*♀️
Also, the white meat was quite dry, IMHO anyways.
But the dark meat was ONO!! ? And our car smelled FABULOUS the whole way back to town ?

Mike's Huli Huli Chicken Truck.jpg

huli.jpg

DH's plate.jpg

My plate.jpg

Carna Asada (marinated flank steak) tacos (flour tortillas) with homemade guacamole, Pico de Gallo and quick pickled red onions (salt and lime juice).

Back
Top Bottom