National Chinese Take Out Day Dinner - 11/5/2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cold and feeling kinda blah so I put together some teriyaki soba noodles.. Briefly cooked noodles, julienned carrots and cabbage in dashi, drained and tossed in a bit of teriyaki sauce..

Perked me up for apple pie later.. ;)

Ross

I'm kinda' afraid of Chinese takeout...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqwzuiSy9y0

I'm on the road, so it was a spicy chicken club sandwich for me, tonight, from the Wendy's next to the hotel.

There is a Waffle House across the street singing to me like Homer's Sirens about breakfast. :yum:

CD

WOW!
We have been traveling, again and just a little bit busy of late...
I've been popping in now and again, but not often.

Yesterday I did a Costco trek and they had Marie Callender's
frozen Chicken Pot Pies on sale... DH loves these, so

chicken-pot-pie.png
[thank you Marie]

We'll have a coupla these bad boys served over
steamed White Rice and a small side salad.

Dessert later will be the last of the leftover Halloween candy. :cool:

Our Chinese take out day is just about every Saturday. My wife and kids complain, but I love it. Honestly, as long as I get my Hot and Sour soup, Im good.

WOW!
We have been traveling, again and just a little bit busy of late...
I've been popping in now and again, but not often.

Yesterday I did a Costco trek and they had Marie Callender's
frozen Chicken Pot Pies on sale... DH loves these, so

View attachment 32186
[thank you Marie]

We'll have a coupla these bad boys served over
steamed White Rice and a small side salad.

Dessert later will be the last of the leftover Halloween candy. :cool:

You serve pot pies over rice? Reminds me of the Filipinos I used to work with years ago. They had rice with every meal. One woman told me that she didn't feel satisfied if she didn't have rice with a meal.

No take-out here tonight. I have a meatloaf in the oven and potatoes boiling on the stove for mashers. I'll also sauté some garden green beans and onions to go alongside.

You serve pot pies over rice? Reminds me of the Filipinos I used to work with years ago. They had rice with every meal. One woman told me that she didn't feel satisfied if she didn't have rice with a meal.

Ah, GG, so soon you forget...
I am from Hawaii, rice with every meal is a must for us "locals".
Our culture is so "mix-em-up" with the majority of the Pacific Rim and throw in us Portuguese too ;)

Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Snacks it's steamed White Rice.

Some folks in Hawaii have converted to what is called
"Hapa Rice" --- half white, half brown rice --- me, I say...
GO FOR IT!!!
[Hapa in Hawaiian is half or part]

Our culture is so "mix-em-up" with the majority of the Pacific Rim and throw in us Portuguese too ;)

GO FOR IT!!!

You have to be pretty dedicated to your rice to serve a chicken pot pie on top of it. :LOL:

CD

Spaghetti carbonara for me, golabkis for SO and Mac and cheese and a hot dog for grandson.

We ordered Greek food. DH got a chicken souvlaki platter with fries and I got the gyro platter with Greek potatoes. That was really good. I have lots of yummy leftovers.

You have to be pretty dedicated to your rice to serve a chicken pot pie on top of it. :LOL:

CD

CD, this is how I have always eaten Pot Pies, either commercial or homemade ... DH has adapted :chef:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVWUd6pLA5I

We love our Rice!

I think that back in the day, steamed White Rice, which has always been inexpensive, was/is used double duty:
1) culturally eaten with each meal
and
2) to stretch a meal for a family

I just had Chinese take out a few days ago, so much as I'd like it again, I'll have to wait a little bit to do it again. :chef::yum:

I made a veggie omelet for this evening's dinner.
Fresh fruit on the side. Hit the spot. :yum:

GO FOR IT!!!
I didn't forget ;)

...Marie Callender's
frozen Chicken Pot Pies...We'll have a coupla these bad boys served over
steamed White Rice...
I just can't get with a serving of starch served on top of a serving of starch. :wacko: I got a little bloated just looking at your picture! :LOL: And don't say that they are different starches either. That argument didn't fly with Himself or me when Loverly wanted to get an Arby's baked potato along with an order of curly fries. When we pointed out to her that they were both potato, her comment was "but they're fixed differently!" Thankfully, she grew out of that phase and didn't stay chubby all through her teens.

We had Aldi smoked brats (meh, they were more like hot dogs) and sauerkraut, mashed potatoes, pickled beets - and I had the last two tiny gerkins just to get the jar out of the fridge.

Attachments

• 2018-11-05 21.53.14.jpg
    2018-11-05 21.53.14.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 114
I had leftover Swedish Meatballs that I had made on Saturday. Doubling the batch might not have been the smartest thing because there is a LOT lefto over.

Now I'm craving Chinese …..

We had Chinese from a local place, then we had fireworks as the 5th was guy fawkes night.
An English tradition, hope I'm not too off topic,or I might be deleted, but I see there's lots of people way off topic here. Pots and kettles huh??

Russ

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom