National Chocolate Day Dinner - 10/28/2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Me?
Well, my plan is a short version of Sunday Supper, Italian-Style.
I found a package of Cheese Tortellinis in the deep freeze
so I'm a thinkin' that a of super meaty (crumbled Sweet Italian Sausage) Red Sauce atop that and some nice bread from TJ's would fit the bill.

I had my chocolate fix yesterday when I got my oil changed at Sewell MINI. When I picked up my car, the cashier gave me some awesome dark chocolates.

As for today, I have very mixed feelings. My Steelers won big (Le'Veon who?), but Pittsburgh is mourning -- it is a small city, full of good people.

Not sure about dinner, yet.

CD

Attachments

• PitStrong.jpg
    PitStrong.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 169
Well, I did decide on an appetizer. Deep fried pickles. :yum:

Still thinking about what's next. Ross already set me up with my imaginary dessert. ;)

CD

Neither I nor DH have very many spoons. I'm also fairly lame with the arthritis in my hip. DH brought me the ingredients for making salad and ranch dressing while I sat at the dining table. He got some frozen tortellini ready and added some Classico Spicy Red Pepper pasta sauce, while I made the salad and dressing. Teamwork, yay!

Sounds nice, taxy. I'm pretty much a team of one in the kitchen, good days or bad. When it's really bad, I send Himself out for carry-out. He can do carry-out real good. :LOL:

ten, we have a small piece of chocolate every day - 80-some percent cocoa or higher. Health purposes, you know. ;)

I bought a bag of pizza dough at the store on Friday. Used it today to make two small calzones - chicken parm for Himself, mushroom-spinach-tomato for me (forgot to get ricotta at the store - dang!). I guess they turned out good - Himself ate all of his, except for the small piece I took for myself to try. He got a similar size of my mushroom one to try...then finished off the third of the calzone I didn't have room for. :pig: I'll probably make these again...in about 10 years, once I forget how much I had to arm wrestle the dough. :glare:

Quite by accident, I found where Dropbox has been hiding my current photos from my new phone - in the middle of my existing photos in July, 2017. Seriously? Ah, whatever, just so long as I remember where they're hiding it's all good.

Attachments

• 2018-10-28 21.47.39-1.jpg
    2018-10-28 21.47.39-1.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 103
Sounds nice, taxy. I'm pretty much a team of one in the kitchen, good days or bad. When it's really bad, I send Himself out for carry-out. He can do carry-out real good. :LOL:

ten, we have a small piece of chocolate every day - 80-some percent cocoa or higher. Health purposes, you know. ;)

I bought a bag of pizza dough at the store on Friday. Used it today to make two small calzones - chicken parm for Himself, mushroom-spinach-tomato for me (forgot to get ricotta at the store - dang!). I guess they turned out good - Himself ate all of his, except for the small piece I took for myself to try. He got a similar size of my mushroom one to try...then finished off the third of the calzone I didn't have room for. :pig: I'll probably make these again...in about 10 years, once I forget how much I had to arm wrestle the dough. :glare:

Quite by accident, I found where Dropbox has been hiding my current photos from my new phone - in the middle of my existing photos in July, 2017. Seriously? Ah, whatever, just so long as I remember where they're hiding it's all good.

I hate Dropbox. Every once in a while, a customer will ask me to send phots to them via Dropbox. I am honestly considering charging them extra to use Dropbox.

As for dinner, the deep fryer was already hot from the fried pickles, and my arteries were already prepped for a fried food assault, so I thawed out some chicken tenders, used the leftover flour from the pickles to coat them, and fried them up.

I am now very well lubed. I shouldn't squeak for 30 days, or 3,000 miles -- which ever comes first.

CD

I spent all day on a bread project, so what did I make for dinner? Stir fry, of course! [emoji38] Chicken, onions and peppers, green beans, celery and a sauce I kept adding more stuff to. Turned out great. I served it with leftover basmati rice and store-bought egg rolls.
1028182035a.jpg

We had an appetizer meal last night. Fried potato skins with cheddar, sour cream, bacon, green onions; fried mushrooms; and St. Louis ribs marinated Galbi style, precooked in oven and finished on grill.

Back
Top Bottom