National Fettuccine Alfredo Day 2/7 dinner plans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So Kathleen called me and said "What are we having for dinner"

Me: Red snapper
Kathleen: Mmmmm... with lemon.
Me: I am not sure I have a lemon.
Kathleen: Oh.
Me: And those hot crash potatoes.
Kathleen: Mmmmm.
Me: And artichokes.
Kathleen: With Hollandaise!
Me: Not sure I have any lemon.
Kathleen: Oh.

So I added Hollandaise sauce for the artichokes, cause, well, I had a lemon.

Mmmm...and now: Dessert! :yum:

I used all the lemon.

Kinda like watching ping-pong...

I had a two egg omelet with cheese, salsa and sour cream. Two pomegranate popscicles for dessert.

How can you folks run OUT of lemon??? Sheesh! That's like saying you run out of salt, or water or something!

Dinner here was...wait for it...creamy LEMON chicken with pasta. We also had avocado, tomato and green onion salad and a fruit plate. Dessert is a plate of nibbly yummies. Dinosours, peanut M&Ms, and chocolate covered almonds. MMMMMMMMM!

We just had burgers and chips. Came home from work with a headache and didn't really feel like cooking much. I had considered doing something alfredo with ham and broccoli but the burgers were much simpler with the headache.

How can you folks run OUT of lemon??? Sheesh! That's like saying you run out of salt, or water or something!

Dinner here was...wait for it...creamy LEMON chicken with pasta. We also had avocado, tomato and green onion salad and a fruit plate. Dessert is a plate of nibbly yummies. Dinosours, peanut M&Ms, and chocolate covered almonds. MMMMMMMMM!

I haven't run out of lemons, yet...and I have some backup limes...:pig:

as soon as i heard of f & k's lemon shortage i just knew we'd be hearing from alix momentarily....lemon angel cake might actually be something worth trying--an interesting concept. pomegranate popscicles, too, hmm.... :)

I made the last of the bratwurst I'd bought. Man, I love this stuff! I will be buying it more often.

what brand brats are you buying that you like so much, danb? i will never forget my favorites, usingers. i haven't seen them for ten years though. usingers bratwurst were a pale white color, made from a blend of veal and pork. they were very fine-textured for a sausage, and oh sooo delicious....

thanks, pf. a not-so-sweet lemony angel cake might be my next baking project. how good are those popscicles? would you know they are pomegranate without the name on the package?

I like them enough that a box of 12 lasts me three days, yes they taste like pomegranates!

Wasn't the thread started about fettucini alfredo day? I love an alfredo sauce, and have: sour cream, parmesan, lemon juice. Now, I just need something to cook in it.

I have chicken, pork, hamburger, shrimp. I need inspiration.

I have to disagree. The original recipe did not include egg, just butter and cheese.

Hi friends, this is the link to the history (in English) of the Alfredo dynasty in Rome (currently the restaurant is run by Alfredo III, the grandson of the original one), on the restaurant's website. They are still doing fettuccine in the heart of Rome, and maybe they still have the golden fork and spoon which Douglas Fairbanks and Mary Pickford gave to Alfredo, in the 20s.

I never went there, but I'll surely go, on my next cultural trip to Rome. :pig:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom