National Fettuccine Alfredo Day 2/7 dinner plans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

niquejim

Senior Cook
It's National fettuccine alfredo day. Who am I to argue.
Lemon, basil chicken fettucine alfredo, a salad and homemade bread.
It's what's for dinner

I wonder who decided it was National Fettuccine Alfredo day... :LOL:

I have some red snapper and will be making those crash potatoes with it and some artichokes.

:LOL: Well, I'm not going to make fettucine, but I'm cleaning out the fridge. I know it's going to have ground beef, bacon, and tomatoes.

Hmm, didn't know that. I'm having a dressed up frozen pizza, so at least I'm in the right country! Tuesday is the day I read to my shut-in friends, so when I get home I often don't feel like cooking; usually I schedule something easy.

alfredo di lelio, a restaurant owner in rome, created the pasta dish we now know as fettuccine alfredo in the early 1900s, for his ailing wife. she was pregnant at the time, and had been unable to eat for some time. her appetite was revived by her husband's butter, egg and cheese rich dish. fettuccine alfredo was born. the original recipe was not made with cream. an american adaptation of the dish added heavy cream to the recipe when it was introduced to the american public for he first time on he west coast in the 1920s....

Well I was planning on making either pasta with a 3-cheese sauce OR eggs, pancakes, maple sausages, and hash browns.

Celebrate the day or use up the sausage before it goes bad.... decisions decisions....

if i can find the thawed chicken thigh in my fridge. that is what i will have. sweet potato and a green veggie. last night meal that didn't get made. fruit for dessert. have strawberries, raspberries, blackberries or blue berries.

alfredo di lelio, a restaurant owner in rome, created the pasta dish we now know as fettuccine alfredo in the early 1900s, for his ailing wife. she was pregnant at the time, and had been unable to eat for some time. her appetite was revived by her husband's butter, egg and cheese rich dish. fettuccine alfredo was born. the original recipe was not made with cream. an american adaptation of the dish added heavy cream to the recipe when it was introduced to the american public for he first time on he west coast in the 1920s....

I have to disagree. The original recipe did not include egg, just butter and cheese.

So Kathleen called me and said "What are we having for dinner"

Me: Red snapper
Kathleen: Mmmmm... with lemon.
Me: I am not sure I have a lemon.
Kathleen: Oh.
Me: And those hot crash potatoes.
Kathleen: Mmmmm.
Me: And artichokes.
Kathleen: With Hollandaise!
Me: Not sure I have any lemon.

So I added Hollandaise sauce for the artichokes, cause, well, I had a lemon.

So Kathleen called me and said "What are we having for dinner"

Me: Red snapper
Kathleen: Mmmmm... with lemon.
Me: I am not sure I have a lemon.
Me: And those hot crash potatoes.
Kathleen: Mmmmm.
Me: And artichokes.
Kathleen: With Hollandaise!
Me: Not sure I have any lemon.

So I added Hollandaise sauce for the artichokes, cause, well, I had a lemon.

Mmmm...and now: Dessert! :yum:

Roasted - Salmon, potatoes, green beans and tomaters
Simple but good.
mail

Interesting Vit !! I think I would like it better without cream.

Tonight we're going to have good ole' Nathan's chili dogs topped with cheese and onions. Sure not healthy but :yum: yummy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom