National Pasta Day 10/17/17 Tuesday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lamb shanks, on sale $4/lb, rubbed with souvlaki type spices, overnight in fridge, braised, shredded in pita with zatziki and Greek type salad.

Attachments

• 2017-10-17 19.06.51.jpg
    2017-10-17 19.06.51.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 135
I can hardly keep up with the National this or that days, but all these pasta dishes look and sound delicious! :chef::yum: Reminds me that it's about time to make a couple of lasagna dishes - some for now, some to freeze - now that the weather is cooling down.

This afternoon's dinner was take out from my fave little Chinese restaurant. :)

We're just snacking tonight after our extraordinary lunch just a 40 mile drive up the coast to beautiful Santa Barbara. It was such a perfectly gorgeous day for a drive along the ocean in our new car with beautiful music playing.
We had lunch at this charming and historical French Bistro. Escargots were the starter, and we shared the duck burger and Croque Monsieur. We will sure go there again and again.
Check out the website.
https://www.stellamares.com/
What a great day.

Darn, we had pasta the last two nights lol I had a master gardener potluck dinner meeting tonight, so I made Mexican meatballs in tomato sauce with garlic, onions and peppers, ancho chile powder, Mexican oregano and Penzeys Arizona Dreaming. People ate most of it and DH finished it off after I got home.
1017171652.jpg
1017171705.jpg

We're just snacking tonight after our extraordinary lunch just a 40 mile drive up the coast to beautiful Santa Barbara. It was such a perfectly gorgeous day for a drive along the ocean in our new car with beautiful music playing.
We had lunch at this charming and historical French Bistro. Escargots were the starter, and we shared the duck burger and Croque Monsieur. We will sure go there again and again.
Check out the website.
https://www.stellamares.com/
What a great day.

Sounds wonderful! So glad you and Sous had a nice middle-of-the-week drive and lunch, when most are at work. Those are the best times. :)

I grilled some b/s chicken breasts while DW made herb roasted fingerlings. The chicken would have been boring except for a new hot sauce I picked up recently: McCutcheon's Vidalia Onion and Peach hot sauce. This stuff is delicious. I could eat a shoe with it.

I could have used some of that sauce, bt, when I would eat at an aunt and uncle's house. Everything my aunt cooked came from the recipe book "Old Shoes and How to Cook Them".

Kayelle, did you say "new car"? Do tell, what did you get?

Our weather was chilly today, so I made chili. This batch turned out really good. I hope I can duplicate it again. :LOL: I also make the individual relish cups for us again, with the dressing/dip down in the bottom of the cup. I think I should have trimmed Himself's scallions a bit shorter - one made like an Olympic diver and took a header out of his cup...and landed on its dipped end. :stuart:

Attachments

• 20171017_202517.jpg
    20171017_202517.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 161
We had to go wash towels yesterday AM, so we had our breakfast meal for supper last night - roasted potatoes & onions, sausage links, sliced cucumbers & tomatoes, pumpkin bread for dessert.

National pasta day? Just the excuse I need to make spaetzle and chanterelles with some greens tossed in and a sage butter.

Back
Top Bottom