National "The day that music died" day. What did you bake into your American Pie?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

caseydog

Master Chef
National "The day that music died" day. What did you bake into your American Pie?

I've got a prime ribeye dry aging in the fridge, to be sous vide and seared tonight. What will you drive your Chevy to the levy for?

CD

Last edited:
I'm going to be Super Bowl snacking tonight. I'm planning shrimp cocktail, chicken wings, and a few other odds and ends, so I plenty to wash down with beer.

We don't have TV anymore, so no Super Bowl here (but then we boycotted pro football after all that hullabaloo with the knelling business :mad:).

Its Sunday Supper here in the middle of the desert and that means Pasta!
Ravioli with Meatballs and some Italian Bread.
Cheese Ravs for DH and Spinach Cheese for moi.
MAN! Did you just hear that? My stomach said, LET'S EAT!!!

Is this the dinner thread for 2/3/2019?

If so:

I shopping this morning. Had a low fever and maybe should have stayed home. But tomorrow may be worse so got it over with.

I had a Chobani yogurt for breakfast before going out.

This was lunch - Rotisserie chicken, skirt steak, fruit, potato salad

chicken_skirt_steak_fruit_020319_IMG_5360.jpg

Not really hungry for dinner.

We don't have TV anymore, so no Super Bowl here (but then we boycotted pro football after all that hullabaloo with the knelling business :mad:).

Its Sunday Supper here in the middle of the desert and that means Pasta!
Ravioli with Meatballs and some Italian Bread.
Cheese Ravs for DH and Spinach Cheese for moi.
MAN! Did you just hear that? My stomach said, LET'S EAT!!!

Another reason not to watch the SB. A talented athlete can't get a job in the NFL because he dared to stand up for something by taking a knee.

Are you making some "Sunday Gravy" for that pasta-fest? It's funny, I grew up in an Italian American family, but never heard Italian sauce called "gravy" until a few years ago. I don't know why, but I'm sure BT will come up with a really stupid reason. :rolleyes:

CD

Another batch of Indian here - some Goan beef curry, and some pachadi, on the side. Both were hot, but I think that the pachadi was a bit hottwr.

I have to make another batch of yogurt now.

Our chili and Mexican cornbread dinner was great but the "Snore Bowl" game was a total waste of time. So much for my once a year game. Next year I'll be UnAmerican and skip it.

Yeah, the game was unbelivably boring.

We ended up with Buffalo or Sweet Thai sticky wings (from a local deli), then DW made a fantastic guacamole, loaded nachos, and oven fried clam strips.

Even the commercials sucked.

Good looking and sounding dinners and snacks yesterday! :yum:

I didn't watch the SB, or even look online at the commercials. No particular reason, just doing other things. :)

(About the title of this thread, I just wanted to put my 2 cents in, for what it's worth. :LOL: I LOVE the song "American Pie" by Don McLean. It's IMO, one of the greatest modern songs ever - over 8 minutes of creative reference to some of the best singers and songwriters who met their demise too soon, some who are still here.....OK...done....LOL)

Back
Top Bottom