National Wine Day Dinner - 5/25/2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As a matter of fact, I'm going to grill marinated steak tips also. I'm trying a new marinade from Serious Eats. I have a pasta and tossed salads as sides.

Dinner will be hamburgers again with a Knorr's rice and pasta side and probably lettuce dressed with salt, pepper, lemon juice and grated parm and romano cheese.

I just made a first time Instant Pot Lemon cream cheese cake.
Haven't tried it yet. If it is good I will post recipe.

lemon_cream_cheese_cake_052518_5_IMG_4236.JPG

lemon_cream_cheese_cake_052518_6_IM4G_4237.jpg

P.S. Pretty much every day is whine day here! LOL

Last edited:
The texture/firmness needs some tweaking but it tasted good. Maybe less time cooking.

Here's a serving

lemon_cream_cheese_cake_052518_7_IM4G_42374IMG_4240.jpg

Dinner was hamburgers again with a Knorr's rice & pasta side and a simple salad of lettuce & tomato dressed with salt, pepper, lemon juice and grated parm and romano cheese.

salad_052518_IMG_4245.jpg

hamburger_052518_IMG_4247.jpg

I was going to cadge dinner off Mom and Dad but, they weren't home. I still gave Jethro treats and dug up some nasty thistles they had going. Also chopped down last years Hibiscus canes. I'll take myself out for rib eye dinner.

Just getting home..one of our regulars asked me to cater her rehearsal dinner, as she is getting married tomorrow...soooo, I agreed..I don't do much of this anymore, tired of working late, full service,etc....made them prime rib dinner, cheese cake dessert..now, I get to have leftover taco ingredients in microwaved tortilla wraps..the glamorous life of restaurant owners...:rolleyes:

...It's National Wine Day...
It's also National Tap Dance Day. Don't spill your wine if you tap dance. ;)

I've thought about supper. Even washed the veggies for supper. We're supposed to have Panzanella, but I'm drowsy and my upper left are is achy - so very achy. I got the first of two old-people pneumonia vaccine shots yesterday. They warned me that the arm could feel sore, but like this? :wacko: They said that ice might help. I think I'll put a cube or two into a glass of white and figure it out from there...

Had a “glorified” salad and some cowtracks chocolate mint ice cream.

Took an ibuprofen, sucked it up, and made Panzanella. It was easier to make it than figure out how to refrigerate the ingredients. :LOL: I think I also wanted to justify being able to eat my ricotta square tonight, since supper was basically a bowl full of veggies.

Attachments

• 20180525_221055.jpg
    20180525_221055.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 152
Back
Top Bottom