Nat'l Tooth Fairy Day ~ Wednesday 8/22/18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
I'd like to kick the can first again, if y'all don't mind...

I was on some social media site and saw it's
National Toot Fairy Day!
I asked DH what was the most the Tooth Fairy every left under your pillow?

DH: Oh, I think a dollar
Me: A WHOLE dollar? Geez, the most I got was a quarter
:LOL:

Okay, so what's for supper tonight?

We're going to a have what I call a Mixed Plate.
Basically, I'm just going to heat up leftovers,
tidbits from some recent meals.

011.jpg

010.jpg

005.jpg

001.jpg

What's to eat at your place while you wait for the Tooth Fairy?

I gave up on the tooth fairy and am waiting for the lottery fairy to visit..

While waiting, I've decided on a Caprese Salad for dinner.. Had to stop at the grocers for anchovy paste and balsamic vinegar so I also picked up some really good green grapes to snack on..

Warm apple pie w/a small scoop of vanilla ice cream for later...

Ross

Breakfast was coffee yogurt.
Lunch today was sirloin steak sandwich on buttered baguette.

sirloin_steak_sandwich_082218_IMG_4766.jpg

I ordered a new spice blend from The Spice House that I just love:

Back of the Yards Garlic Pepper Butcher's Rub

This garlic pepper seasoning is hand mixed from: Tellicherry black pepper, garlic, Kosher flake salt, sugar, red bell peppers, shallots, parsley.

I used some of the above rub, smoked paprika and my house seasoning blend. It was wonderful.

I gave up on the tooth fairy and am waiting for the lottery fairy to visit..

While waiting, I've decided on a Caprese Salad for dinner.. Had to stop at the grocers for anchovy paste and balsamic vinegar so I also picked up some really good green grapes to snack on..

Warm apple pie w/a small scoop of vanilla ice cream for later...

Ross
Good but, I really must find buffalo mozz here somewhere..

Attachments

• Caprese Salad.jpg
    Caprese Salad.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 128
A friend of mine posted a recipe on a social media site that caught my eye. Omigosh! How tasty! Definitely a keeper. We ate it all and damned near licked the pan.

Here is a link to the recipe. Wonderfully easy and sooooo delicious.

Lucky for us, Kroger had a sale on both asparagus and shrimp this week.

No need for dessert.

Last edited:
You might want to double-check the link, Katie. It takes you to a page full of birthday party suggestions - and not a shrimp or asparagus spear in sight.

Dinner was Greek meayballs wirh lamb and beef with tzatziki, plus spanikopita made wit homemade
phyllo. That was fun! We were also supposed to have dolmades and saganaki, but our water was turned off in middle of dinner prep because of a broken pipe in neighboorhood so those didn't happen.

Attachments

• 2018-08-22 18.46.13.jpg
    2018-08-22 18.46.13.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 136
I too gave up the tooth fairy as I hope to lose no more at my age. Gave up on cooking too as I am traveling this week as usual. In Champaign IL eat at KoFusion. Awesome rolls and the bar keep us nice to an old guys and easy on the eyes.

Leftover Mexican chicken tonight, so I didn't care how long it took to make tonight's salad. [emoji38]View attachment 31165

What a beautiful and delicious looking salad, CG! :yum: And that avocado....perfectly flawless. Don't you just love it when that happens?
--------------------------------------
Fabulous looking dinner pics, all! I had the last of a rotisserie chicken from Albertsons...meh. Pretty salty. Mixed greens salad on the side.

Cheryl, I was surprised when I cut the avocado. From the looks of the outside, I thought it would be overripe. That, and the fact that it had been hiding in the back of the fruit bin didn't give me much hope. But it was perfectly buttery. :yum: I was a lucky, lucky lady.

I felt like simple comfort food tonight, so I based my skillet dinner on Andy's American Chop Suey recipe with some minor changes. I used fusilli pasta (what I had) instead of elbow, and I added a can of cheese soup to the mix along with some pasta water for extra flavor and moisture. It hit the spot nicely with salads for a good dinner tonight. :yum:

Attachments

• P8220080[1].jpg
    P8220080[1].jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 122
  • P8220081[1].jpg
    P8220081[1].jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
We had a friend bring over some hamburgers and some 10-layer chocolate cake that she had leftover from Tuesday night, also included some potato buns. So hamburgers, salads, nd chocolate cake for dessert.

I felt like simple comfort food tonight, so I based my skillet dinner on Andy's American Chop Suey recipe with some minor changes. I used fusilli pasta (what I had) instead of elbow, and I added a can of cheese soup to the mix along with some pasta water for extra flavor and moisture. It hit the spot nicely with salads for a good dinner tonight. :yum:

That looks great. Do you have a link to the recipe?

Back
Top Bottom