Need a quick reply :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alx26

Cook
Gonna go to the shop in about 20 mins and feel like cooking something nice but simple tonight.

I got about 200g of chicken breasts, some broccoli, 100-150g pasta or rice.
Anyone got a quick and nice recipe for me to make. I don't really feel like eating a Curry, but somehting Italian would be nice. Also note that this is a small local supermarket so there might not be a lot of "fancy" ingredients.

Thanks in advance :chef:

Do you have a slow cooker? If so, you can put some enchilada sauce over the chicken breasts, add drained stewed tomatoes or whatever you like and when they're done, serve them over rice. Some garlic or parmesan bread would go well with them too.

Nope I don't :( besides the meal preparation shouldn't take to long, 40-60 mins. All I really need is a simple but tasty sause to go over everything or, some cheesy pasta dish :)

FryBoy said:
The attached recipe is easy to make, tastes great, and is perfect with rice and broccoli.

Thanks a lot for the recipe I will keep it at hand, but atm I might have problems getting dry sherry and whatever that Half&half stuff is :neutral:

Any more ideas? :angel:

I'm probably too late - but what about sauteeing some chopped green peppers and onions, when almost done add a can of tomatoes (I use whole and just break them up with my fingers. You can add some salt, pepper, and if you want some Italian seasonings, and of course garlic. Serve over your pasta. To moisten the pasta drizzle with a good EVOO.

Or.........

Saute your chicken and cook your broccoli. Heat some heavy cream, add some fresh grated Parmesan, salt, pepper and toss everything together.

Alx26 said:
Thanks a lot for the recipe I will keep it at hand, but atm I might have problems getting dry sherry and whatever that Half&half stuff is

Half & half is a mixture of milk and cream; you could use light or regular cream.

Sherry adds a nice flavor, but it's not essential. Any wine or liquor shop should have some -- doesn't need to be expensive.

In any case, if you just follow the basic directions and modify them as necessary, you'll have a nice dish, I'm sure.

Back
Top Bottom